Anyone know of any game series like Command and Conquer?

Hi,

I think C&C is the one of the best game series out there, does anyone know of any others that are similar to it?

Thanks!

19 Comments

On PC or on consoles?

Original Poster

mazyaman

On PC or on consoles?

Don't mind either

These are normally referred to as RealTimeStrategy (RTS) games.
Quite a bit listed here: store.steampowered.com/tag…TS/
Older ones here: gog.com/gam…egy
Also not listed is the Starcraft series which is most likely the most famous RTS series.

Company of heroes is superb

m.youtube.com/wat…YHg
Edited by: "chocci" 8th Jan 2015

halo wars is pretty much the same game. are age of empires on the pc

chocci

Company of heroes is superbhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4Ge-LOYHg

great game :-)

starcraft is probably the most successful

Original Poster

Thanks guys!

chocci

Company of heroes is superbhttp://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NM4Ge-LOYHg

seconded and a great free addon for COH is eastern front mod, adds a whole new dimension to the game much better than the vanilla.
also not sure if you are including Red Alert 2/3 great games as well
Edited by: "maddogb" 9th Jan 2015

Original Poster

maddogb

seconded and a great free addon for COH is eastern front mod, adds a … seconded and a great free addon for COH is eastern front mod, adds a whole new dimension to the game much better than the vanilla.also not sure if you are including Red Alert 2/3 great games as well

Will check it out, thanks! Yeah, played both Red Alert games, Red alert 3 is my favourite!

Total Annihilation is perfect. It's dated, but I mention it because it is the first in a series of games:
Total Annihilation
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander 2
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance

I'm not recommending Planetary Annihilation, the latest development in the series, because it is a bag of faeces.

Dune 2

dkl_uk

Total Annihilation is perfect. It's dated, but I mention it because it is … Total Annihilation is perfect. It's dated, but I mention it because it is the first in a series of games:Total AnnihilationSupreme CommanderSupreme Commander 2Supreme Commander Forged AllianceI'm not recommending Planetary Annihilation, the latest development in the series, because it is a bag of faeces.

LOL just loaded TA up a couple of weeks ago for the first time in years, still a great game if only i could remember how to play.

theyiddo

Dune 2

I won't tell you that it is available on the games section of archive.org.
I won't tell you that because then I would play it.
I won't tell you that because I lost large parts of the night to it when I was at Uni...

dammit.... building. completed. Your base is under attack....

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the best one by far, Cannon Fodder !!

total war games are meant to be good too.

also

metacritic.com/bro…led

(check the filters for platform, date etc)

mark_ed

I won't tell you that it is available on the games section of … I won't tell you that it is available on the games section of archive.org. I won't tell you that because then I would play it. I won't tell you that because I lost large parts of the night to it when I was at Uni... dammit.... building. completed. Your base is under attack....

lol. Yep, Dune 2 was the daddy of them all, and without it, there would be no C&C...etc. Westwood Studios really did an excellent job on Dune 2 (not to mention, I loved the Dune series of books anyway!)

....I feel I should head into the loft now and dust off the old Amiga 1200...

Original Poster

Thanks guys, appreciate the responses

Age of Empires 2 HD
Star Wars Galactic Battleground
Age of Mythology

I am stuck in the past, nothing beats the classics!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions