Groups

Anyone know of any good car battery deals....or where to buy a reasonably priced one.....

Car battery on it`s way out - had a quick look online, is it worth paying more for a calcium lead etc? Car is a 07 Vauxhall Astra, so only basic and hoping to replace in next year or 2 so don`t need a 5 year guarantee etc. Just need it to start reliably in the mornings!
    Thanks peeps

19 Comments

try euro car parts use code weekend30 for 30℅ off

tayna usually cheaper than euro.

Its worth paying more for a battery with a higher CA & CCA for cold mornings (batteries have this info on the specs)

Original Poster

Sandy1012

Its worth paying more for a battery with a higher CA & CCA for cold … Its worth paying more for a battery with a higher CA & CCA for cold mornings (batteries have this info on the specs)

I don`t even know what CA & CCA is! Whats an average CA/CCA & what should I be looking for?!
    Thanks

cazsilver

I don`t even know what CA & CCA is! Whats an average CA/CCA & what … I don`t even know what CA & CCA is! Whats an average CA/CCA & what should I be looking for?!Thanks

Just match the one thats already fitted im sure the boffins at vauxhall made the right choice when they designed/ assembled the car

what model/size do you need

I use batterymegastore.co.uk fortunately they are near mother in laws... 15 miles away... so i have called in and picked one up but the last time I needed a battery I got them to deliver. Good prices and I think they supply much of the country with battery's as it's a big warehouse filled to the ceiling.

cazsilver

I don`t even know what CA & CCA is! Whats an average CA/CCA & what … I don`t even know what CA & CCA is! Whats an average CA/CCA & what should I be looking for?!Thanks

​google "tayna batteries"
    put your reg in
    it will give you a selection
    buy cheapest if your getting rid of car

shadey12

​google "tayna batteries"put your reg init will give you a selectionbuy c … ​google "tayna batteries"put your reg init will give you a selectionbuy cheapest if your getting rid of car

I am on my third year of their 096 battery and 24 hour delivery on Ebay.ebay.co.uk/usr…754

Original Poster

How does this one look?! is 540 CCA OK?! Item number 444770757 [img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=dd3701019189c4afaa322ad50e21a0ae&oe=5891C090[/img]
    Edited by: "cazsilver" 6th Nov 2016

Original Poster

wayners

I use https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk fortunately they are near mother … I use https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk fortunately they are near mother in laws... 15 miles away... so i have called in and picked one up but the last time I needed a battery I got them to deliver. Good prices and I think they supply much of the country with battery's as it's a big warehouse filled to the ceiling.

It says they have nothing avail for my reg at the moment

This is the one I purchased

landros1

I am on my third year of their 096 battery and 24 hour delivery on … I am on my third year of their 096 battery and 24 hour delivery on Ebay.http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tayna-batteries?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754

This is a 73 ampere battery which happily runs a Honda Accord Executive.

Have a look at Exide Premium range and Varta, they are both good.
    "Tayna" as mentioned previously seems cheaper the ECP even after the 30% discount

Both these have better spec, (same spec a higher rated Bosch S5 - not s4)
    tayna.co.uk/EA6…tml
    tayna.co.uk/D21…tml

Edited by: "Sandy1012" 6th Nov 2016

landros1

I am on my third year of their 096 battery and 24 hour delivery on … I am on my third year of their 096 battery and 24 hour delivery on Ebay.http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/tayna-batteries?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2754

​I have one of their euro line (I think its called) in my iveco daily 2.8 diesel, it was about £50 over 2 years ago. I only bought it as it was the cheapest I could find and wasn't sure if I was keeping the van.
    still gong strong.

cazsilver

How does this one look?! is 540 CCA OK?! Item number 444770757 … How does this one look?! is 540 CCA OK?! Item number 444770757 [img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14992038_1187054658007290_2724540577555464995_n.jpg?oh=dd3701019189c4afaa322ad50e21a0ae&oe=5891C090[/img]

​The Bosch S4 is a good choice, I have the same on my car.

what size battery are u after ebay I think is the cheapest I've h had 3 battery of there after a long search and they came out cheapest one came from that tayna company one a Bosch was about 20 pounds cheaper than eurocarparts but funnily enough it came from them well carparts4less warehouse in london think majority of companies sell the stuff cheaper on ebay than there own websites as they need get in terms market some how so those who just check there sites lucky for the company otherwise they don't want lose to much to ebay so just sell on there aswell

the cheapest 075 sized battery on ebay is around 35 quid assuming that's the size u need

Original Poster

Thanks so much for all your replies Yes it is a 075 I need.

I`v learn`t lots today - I normally just pop into kwik fit etc & get them to pop on a new one, without comparing prices, spec etc.

I`v whittled it down to these 2, both similar spec & with the slightly higher CCA at 600 -

The Bosch S5004. Cheapest I can find it is at Just car batteries for £61.99 & has free delivery. Same battery is £68, plus £8 delivery at Tanya. Ebay £76 & Euro Car parts want £134 for the S5!!!

Or possibly the Exide Premium EA612 which has same spec - slightly cheaper on ebay than Tanya at £50 delivered.

Would you bother paying an extra £12 for the Bosch?!

Edited by: "cazsilver" 7th Nov 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions