Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone know of any good hotels in central Cardiff?

I really want to book a weekend away for me and the OH as we need abit of quality time together.
    I've been to Cardiff before on a business trip, however I want to take my OH as I really enjoyed it there and didnt get a chance to do any sight seeing.

Can anyone recommend any good hotels or websites where I can find one's that are fair in price.

Many thanks

21 Comments

I booked my parents into a really good one, they loved it, was pretty cheap too, right in the middle of cardiff...just trying to remember the name!

accorhotels.com/gb/…tml thats it...'Mercure'

when you select the dates it comes up with prices, the dates i searched for came up with a few different rates, one of which was very much lower than the others for some reason, booked it and my parents ended up the floor below the penthouse! said the views of cardiff were amazing too!

Admin

Moved to deal requests

yes i do, thanks for asking

Original Poster

juliet_bravo;4628113

Moved to deal requests

Is this a deal? I thought It was just advice? :?

Original Poster

thomasc123;4628129

you whatty?? :thinking:

ihmoody;4628175

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/348027/travelodge-19-rooms-in-easter-sale-

???? she said good lol

Original Poster

lil_tiger;4628103

I booked my parents into a really good one, they loved it, was pretty … I booked my parents into a really good one, they loved it, was pretty cheap too, right in the middle of cardiff...just trying to remember the name!http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6622-mercure-holland-house-hotel-and-spa-cardiff/index.shtml thats it...'Mercure'when you select the dates it comes up with prices, the dates i searched for came up with a few different rates, one of which was very much lower than the others for some reason, booked it and my parents ended up the floor below the penthouse! said the views of cardiff were amazing too!

Thanks Lil tiger... I'll check this out :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Ok something a little nicer than travel lodge

Original Poster

thomasc123;4628129

That wasn't funny :x LOL

St Davids Hotel is bang in the centre of Cardiff Bay and has some beautiful surroundings...I believe it's got some special online booking prices and you may find some websites from doing some googling that'll offer you discount. Having stayed at the hotel, I can defo recommend it If it's a special occasion it's worth it

Try The Big Sleep
    thebigsleephotel.com/hom…d=1

There's also an Etap a Travelodge or if you really want to impress then it has to be the St Davids Hotel.

Original Poster

welshdan;4628826

St Davids Hotel is bang in the centre of Cardiff Bay and has some … St Davids Hotel is bang in the centre of Cardiff Bay and has some beautiful surroundings...I believe it's got some special online booking prices and you may find some websites from doing some googling that'll offer you discount. Having stayed at the hotel, I can defo recommend it If it's a special occasion it's worth it

Is this hotel in the City Centre near the bars etc...?

lil_tiger;4628103

I booked my parents into a really good one, they loved it, was pretty … I booked my parents into a really good one, they loved it, was pretty cheap too, right in the middle of cardiff...just trying to remember the name!http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6622-mercure-holland-house-hotel-and-spa-cardiff/index.shtml thats it...'Mercure'when you select the dates it comes up with prices, the dates i searched for came up with a few different rates, one of which was very much lower than the others for some reason, booked it and my parents ended up the floor below the penthouse! said the views of cardiff were amazing too!

Holland House hotel as above is nice, as is this

]http//ww…el/

The Angel is right in the centre opposite Cardiff Castle and just along from the Millennium Stadium.

Original Poster

allyn;4628891

Try The Big Sleep … Try The Big Sleep http://www.thebigsleephotel.com/home.asp?hotelid=1There's also an Etap a Travelodge or if you really want to impress then it has to be the St Davids Hotel.

The big sleep hotel looks great... they havent got rooms on the weekend I would like however I can switch dates.

Original Poster

BlasterLad;4630036

Cardiff Bay is about 10 mins taxi away from the city centre but the Bay … Cardiff Bay is about 10 mins taxi away from the city centre but the Bay has it's own bar/restaurant area with some really nice restaurants etc. Its all within walking distance from the St Davids too The hotel is in the distance on the right of the photo with the curved roof. The building nearer underneath is where a lot of the restaurants and bars can be found P.S All those tents aren't normally there!!!

Ideally I am looking for a hotel that is in the city of cardiff as apposed to cardiff bay.

Miss Money Penny;4630103

Ideally I am looking for a hotel that is in the city of cardiff as … Ideally I am looking for a hotel that is in the city of cardiff as apposed to cardiff bay.

The Angel or the Holland house then! :thumbsup:

St Davids Hotel is in Cardiff Bay, used to be called Tiger Bay back in the day! This is mostly all newly developed with loads of bars and restaurants.

If you want to stay in the city centre then I recommend The Big Sleep, a former gas board office building that has been turned into a boutique hotel. The actor John Malkovich is a part owner.

We e booked 2 nights B&B at the Village hotel which also includes an evening meal on the 1st night for £129 total. The hotel seems nice and we thought it was a reasonable deal.

got some dates?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gaming Monitor33
      2. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?11
      3. Car park fine UKPC55
      4. debenhams lancome order11

See more discussions