Anyone know of any good shopping centres near a train station?

Found 5th Aug 2012
Looking for a day trip with the wife and kids, though it has to be something decent, and near a train station, anywhere in the UK really.
Community Updates
MiscTrain
36 Comments
Day out with the kids to a shopping centre????

Fair enough, try Stratford International - nice shopping.
Chiptivo

Day out with the kids to a shopping centre????Fair enough, try Stratford … Day out with the kids to a shopping centre????Fair enough, try Stratford International - nice shopping.

Yup was thinking the same thing, Westfield shopping centre
Banned
Lucky kids
Castleford, Kids can then go to Xscape has cinema, snow-boarding, ski-ing climbing walls etc
Shopping isnt the best but offers something else to do?
The Bullring Birmingham is more or less above New Street Train Station. Shame about all the Brummies.
Meadowhall, trainstation built next to it. loadsa shops, fatty take aways and decent restaurants and a cinema. freeport at xscape lets the area down
Glasgow - Queen Street .

OR dare i suggest Peterborough. On the London to Edinburgh mainline with Queensgate shopping centre joined to the train station via a walkway.
Edited by: "darren9030" 5th Aug 2012
Day out in Bath, new shopping centre across from station along with all of the historic buildings and the Roman spa baths
Glasgow or Edinburgh seen as your in Fife.
really would depend on where you are from ?
darren9030

Glasgow - Queen Street .OR dare i suggest Peterborough. On the London to … Glasgow - Queen Street .OR dare i suggest Peterborough. On the London to Edinburgh mainline with Queensgate shopping centre joined to the train station via a walkway.

A day out to a shopping centre is bad enough, don't inflict peterborough on the poor guy
Stratford station is a stones throw from Westfields.
Just seen its a day out for the family?? oO

[img]t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCdvk0VmpxJU7A-7a6zNjPFqbgAXsSqsg-HlLgk5wYL7MLLCGdtLNmsN0psw[/img]
If it was purely shopping I'd say Glasgow but as you're trying to make it a day out, I'd go for Edinburgh.
York. Railway museum just around the corner from train station plus all the shoppin you could ever want
Hissy Miss

If it was purely shopping I'd say Glasgow but as you're trying to make it … If it was purely shopping I'd say Glasgow but as you're trying to make it a day out, I'd go for Edinburgh.

OP, said anywhere in the UK. Surely we can do better than Scotland?
sancho1983

A day out to a shopping centre is bad enough, don't inflict peterborough … A day out to a shopping centre is bad enough, don't inflict peterborough on the poor guy

X) I knew that would come
Hissy Miss

If it was purely shopping I'd say Glasgow but as you're trying to make it … If it was purely shopping I'd say Glasgow but as you're trying to make it a day out, I'd go for Edinburgh.

He's after a family day out, not a broken nose and a mugging.
danmc

Better not going round your neck of the woods then!!
Metro centre,I have only been twice-great choice of shops but flipping tiring ,Glasgow-fab shopping there. Edinburgh,though it's a bit of a pain with tram works. Aberdeen quite far up but again great shopping :-)
Edited by: "takethatfan1978" 5th Aug 2012
jonny619447

OP, said anywhere in the UK. Surely we can do better than Scotland?

London's not bad.......but no!

danmc

Then he'll get to take the kids in a nee naw, they'll love it.

takethatfan1978

Better not going round your neck of the woods then!!

True, but being able to understand the locals and know its your wallet they're after may save you the broken nose.
Metro centre for train station and shopping... But for a family day out??! oO
The Trocadero centre (Picadilly Circus tube stn) is quite good for shopping and entertainment in London. Depending on the age of your little ones, I can recommend Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum which is pretty close to the Trocadero (if they're 6+ they'll love it), full of weird and wacky stuff collected by Robert Ripley during the 1920's and 30's. You can also get 241 vouchers for this if going by train
Meadowhall, Sheffield.
Cardiff - Queen Street station
I'd have said Edinburgh too - not so much for the shopping but the Fringe Festival started yesterday so come and see all the froot loops in the Royal Mile doing their free shows. Much madness in the streets I tell ya
Cardiff Central.
Highly recommend Stratford Westfield. Infact, can't recommend it enough.

Went to BBC Radio 1 Hackney Weekend and stayed in the Premier Inn there for two days. You literally walk less than 100yds from the exit of Stratford International station to the doors of the Westfield.

7minutes from St Pancras/Kings Cross.
If you choose (Stratford) you may want to wait until the Olympics has finished, as this is next door.
Edited by: "lozfitz" 5th Aug 2012
Cardiff - and easy links to Cardiff Bay too. We have a Primark, a poundland so what more could you ask for? X)
babysumo

The Bullring Birmingham is more or less above New Street Train Station. … The Bullring Birmingham is more or less above New Street Train Station. Shame about all the Brummies.

Oi babysumo, no dissing the brummies thank you very much

Southport - you got shops, beach (never in tho), pier, amusements, we were there today n was a nice day out
There be something to do in the shopping mall for your children when they get fed up of going round the shops. Usually them trampolines or them hamster type balls on water. Don't bother going to Charlton Shopping at Dover!
dga

Y U NO CALL IN! oO

Kept saying to Matt how funny it would be if we bumped in to ya
metro centre
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants