Groups

Anyone know of any robotic pets?

Ok this might sound a bit sad, but I suddenly fancy getting a robot pet!!! I know Sony did the Aibo, but its discontinued now. Does anyone know of an alternative? I want something that will just wander around the flat, eventually learning where tables and chairs are, will find its way back to a docking station to recharge when batteries run low, preferably respond to voice commands.
    Don't ask why I want one, just something that popped into my head!

5 Comments

Depends how much you want to spend really...

This is quite a new one but pretty expensive: thepleo.co.uk/

or theres tonnes of dog robots out there that you can probably get quite cheap. But the more you spend the more realistic the robots going to be...

I bought a dog one a few years ago but couldnt get it to work so ended up getting a refund on it.

"I want something that will just wander around the flat, eventually learning where tables and chairs are, will find its way back to a docking station to recharge when batteries run low"

Sounds like your describing a robotic vacuum cleaner. :-D

Original Poster

BillButter;2908116

Depends how much you want to spend really...

To be honest I was anticipating a four figure sum.
    This Pleo sounds quite good but I'm unsure how advanced it is. Off to find some more info about it now.

pikachu12;2908118

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7599960.stm

Haha I think thats just a little too big for the flat!!

Ungreat;2908413

"I want something that will just wander around the flat, eventually … "I want something that will just wander around the flat, eventually learning where tables and chairs are, will find its way back to a docking station to recharge when batteries run low"Sounds like your describing a robotic vacuum cleaner. :-D

But I love hoovering! Wouldn't want something/anyone to take over! Hehe
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions