Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone know the best place to buy USD?

Going on holiday in 2weeks and just wondered if anyone knew the best place to get US dollars at the moment?

thanks

8 Comments

find out with your bank a partner bank in the u.s with whom they don't charge commision, then just widraw from ATM, u'll get almost interbank rate (i got 1.97 when the rate was 1.98$ to a £)
    so its well worth it

Banned

the usa

Original Poster

csiman;2079227

the usa

Yes thanks but im going the dominican republic so would rather get some in the UK thanks :thumbsup:

Banned

john_mac83;2079919

Yes thanks but im going the dominican republic so would rather get some … Yes thanks but im going the dominican republic so would rather get some in the UK thanks :thumbsup:

Why? I have been aborad countless times and each and every time the rates are better in the destination than in the UK.

Then again, most people stay in their hotel grounds in the DR because of the high violent crime rate so I see your point.

Although the authorities are making inroads into the high crime rates.

I found that the best deal on the high street was the Post Office, though their buy back rate was pretty terrible so spend all your dosh!

The exchange rate was better here than if we bought in Jamaica

hashman;2079195

find out with your bank a partner bank in the u.s with whom they don't … find out with your bank a partner bank in the u.s with whom they don't charge commision, then just widraw from ATM, u'll get almost interbank rate (i got 1.97 when the rate was 1.98$ to a £)so its well worth it

I use Nationwide abroad because it's free...I'm sure you get it at a much lower rate than the Xe.com rate when you withdraw money over there though?

If your going to buy £500 or more I find M&S the cheapest although you do have to pay for Special Delivery.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416144
      2. I've got 2 for 1 codes to use at Thorpe Park/Sea Life, Yeoken vouchers, The…34
      3. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831227
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?32160

See more discussions