Expired

Anyone know the trick to open SIM slot on Huawei P20 Lite?

Found 18th MayEdited by:"Toonah"
I've been trying for hours - I could be daft, but I'm having no joy in opening the SIM slot on my Huawei phone.. Trying firmly, trying carefully... trying a wiggle, trying harsh shove. The git refuses to open. It's driving me mad.. and when I check the nearest stockist, it's of course closed on the weekend. D'oh!!!

Anyone know any tricks?

(oops... sorry... I'm trying with the little tool thing they give you, so I am trying with a metal stick in the hole that's "meant" to push it out. I'm failing... )
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Try youtube
Push in hard with the sim tray key and it should eject the sim tray.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 18th May
Been shoving at the thing for ages. My fingers are starting to hurt. Changed from a slight push to a massive shove. I'm wondering if it's at a slight angle, anyone know if it should be a particular angle?

Been trying Youtube for the last couple of hours. It's looking stupidly easy on there. Raahhhh!!!

Sometimes I hate technology...
It doesn’t help you but, it’s likely broken given that it’s cheap Chinese tat.
.. it's not. But thank you for trying

Given up for the night, got a helpful mate to do it for me in the morning
Edited by: "Toonah" 18th May
Dannyrobbo26 m ago

It doesn’t help you but, it’s likely broken given that it’s cheap Chinese t …It doesn’t help you but, it’s likely broken given that it’s cheap Chinese tat.

You don't know anything about phones. Huawei P20 Lite is a £300+ phone. Huawei make decent handsets.
Hurray! Persistence worked. Played with it whilst watching telly and all of a sudden it worked. Now to never open the little blighter ever again...
RiverDragon812 h, 14 m ago

You don't know anything about phones. Huawei P20 Lite is a £300+ phone. …You don't know anything about phones. Huawei P20 Lite is a £300+ phone. Huawei make decent handsets.

It really sounds like they are a beacon of quality from this post
Dannyrobbo2 h, 48 m ago

It really sounds like they are a beacon of quality from this post

You just don't know any better that's why you make so many naive comments on here. Their flagship phone Huawei P20 Pro is in the top 3 phones (if not in top 3 then top 10) on the planet right now, rated by all the online tech sites.

techradar
T3
cnet
expertreviews
Suff
Trust Reviews

Anytime there's a tiny whiff of someone mentioning anything Chinese on here you discriminate with prejudice without pause.
RiverDragon821 m ago

You just don't know any better that's why you make so many naive comments …You just don't know any better that's why you make so many naive comments on here. Their flagship phone Huawei P20 Pro is in the top 3 phones (if not in top 3 then top 10) on the planet right now, rated by all the online tech sites.techradarT3cnetexpertreviewsSuffTrust ReviewsAnytime there's a tiny whiff of someone mentioning anything Chinese on here you discriminate with prejudice without pause.

Pretty much everything electronic is made in China but it doesn’t mean they are all made equally with quality in mind and a reason why they can knock out an Iphone clone for £200.

We are not twlking about the pro here mate, this is low end poorer quality stuff with clear quality problems
Dannyrobbo6 m ago

Pretty much everything electronic is made in China but it doesn’t mean t …Pretty much everything electronic is made in China but it doesn’t mean they are all made equally with quality in mind and a reason why they can knock out an Iphone clone for £200. We are not twlking about the pro here mate, this is low end poorer quality stuff with clear quality problems

You was talking about Huawei (because they're Chinese). Now you know they ain't no mickey mouse phone company you're back tracking. You're so naive it's unreal. Like I said before you don't know anything about phones, keep your sweeping generalised comments to yourself.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 19th May
RiverDragon819th May

You was talking about Huawei (because they're Chinese). Now you know they …You was talking about Huawei (because they're Chinese). Now you know they ain't no mickey mouse phone company you're back tracking. You're so naive it's unreal. Like I said before you don't know anything about phones, keep your sweeping generalised comments to yourself.

I’m not backtracking at all, I commented on a phone thread about the quality of a phone. You listed their top of the line model and said how good it is. Maybe so but this is not that model it’s a cheaper phone and I stand by my statement.
Hmm.... interesting commets... but meh. I cannot be bothered to argue, there'd always be arguments on both sides. I hated Apple phones... doesn't mean they're not good, I was always Android. My Apple loving friend hated Android.

Anyway anyway - I've realised the ebay app doesn't like the new phone. Don't think it's "just" the Huawei... and it's ebay so can't ask Huawei... but I can't personalise the sounds that are made for sales etc. Anyone else had this issue?

I'm guessing not. Tempted to start new thread, but want to limit arguments...
Dannyrobbo8 m ago

I’m not backtracking at all, I commented on a phone thread about the q …I’m not backtracking at all, I commented on a phone thread about the quality of a phone. You listed their top of the line model and said how good it is. Maybe so but this is not that model it’s a cheaper phone and I stand by my statement.

You said ''It doesn’t help you but, it’s likely broken given that it’s cheap Chinese tat''

I said ''Huawei P20 Lite is a £300+ phone. Huawei make decent handsets''

Your reply ''It really sounds like they are a beacon of quality from this post

Well done.
Btw... I'm agreeing with @RiverDragon8 ... but that could be because I have the phone that @Dannyrobbo said was tat.
Edited by: "Toonah" 20th May
Got a P8 Lite 2017, and it's hellish hard to eject the tray when it's loaded.
Even worse if you were using a cut SIM - the proper multi-size are thinner when the smallest piece is pressed out.
matth99991 h, 23 m ago

Got a P8 Lite 2017, and it's hellish hard to eject the tray when it's …Got a P8 Lite 2017, and it's hellish hard to eject the tray when it's loaded.Even worse if you were using a cut SIM - the proper multi-size are thinner when the smallest piece is pressed out.

Aye carumba.. mental note to never swap phone now...
What is the problem on this phone? I have been trying careful and hard to open a sim slot, anyone who can help me
It works eventually...don't get to violent with it. Just keep fiddling...eventually it does open. it's a complete bitch to do tho. Watch telly and fiddle with it so you don't stare at it (and launch it out the window)...it will work eventually! Promise
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants