Groups

Anyone Know were I can find Industrial Placements in the Midlands...

As above really

31 Comments

Original Poster

dont want to do one, but i have been told to do one for my degree, no modelling for me in the year 09/10 :-(

reps for real good replies only.

if u type ur question into google...u shud get some answers.........dont rep me tho plz.

You need to say what subject and what University to get any sort of reasonable answer.

through your uni? mine used to have a job wall or i just wrote a loads of letters to big employers in my area:)

Banned

prospects.ac.uk/cms…aXi

this is how I found mine.

ask ur career service too... and go to different CV workshops and make a CV that all the workshop lecturers would be happy with.. that way the most employers will like ur CV

Original Poster

pghstochaj;3617814

You need to say what subject and what University to get any sort of … You need to say what subject and what University to get any sort of reasonable answer.

Computer networking.

Benjiboo1;3617827

through your uni? mine used to have a job wall or i just wrote a loads of … through your uni? mine used to have a job wall or i just wrote a loads of letters to big employers in my area:)

yeah checking there tomorrow.

@ ace, google aint good, gives me sites which are like fish4jobs

acecatcher3;3617803

if u type ur question into google...u shud get some answers.........dont … if u type ur question into google...u shud get some answers.........dont rep me tho plz.

letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=…nds

Supermod

I read this initially as industrial placemats.
    Time for bed I think...

Banned

magicjay1986;3617853

I read this initially as industrial placemats.

You are not alone!:w00t:

Original Poster

imranmaz;3617832

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/p!eLaXithis is how I … http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/p!eLaXithis is how I found mine.ask ur career service too... and go to different CV workshops and make a CV that all the workshop lecturers would be happy with.. that way the most employers will like ur CV

thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

is the like for post grad?

Try doing some research on local companies, asking around, in the newspapers ect ect

Supermod

guv;3617865

Phew!!

Banned

[size="3"]that way!! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/size]

Banned

black gerbil1;3617872

thanks for the info.:thumbsup: is the like for post grad?

loads of companies on there do internships.. I used it when I was looking for an internship. prospects.ac.uk/cms…efX

IBM one near the top for example.

check out the prospects book at ur uni too.. you can take them home to keep... I used one to track the places I applied to.

my comment wasnt being sarcastic btw...i actually thought hitting google would help

Original Poster

imranmaz;3618010

loads of companies on there do internships.. I used it when I was looking … loads of companies on there do internships.. I used it when I was looking for an internship. http://www.prospects.ac.uk/cms/ShowPage/Home_page/Graduate_jobs/p!edcaefXIBM one near the top for example.check out the prospects book at ur uni too.. you can take them home to keep... I used one to track the places I applied to.

thanks for that brah.:thumbsup: will go in tomorrow and see "wag1"

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again … You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

^wow thats a first time ever for me, will hit you on spread tomorrow.

Banned

skusey;3618124

Here, dont forget the rephttp://direct.tesco.com/q/R.901-1300.aspx

rep begging?? lol

skusey;3618124

Here, dont forget the rephttp://direct.tesco.com/q/R.901-1300.aspx

i am not sure about the poppies being industrial what about the granite ones????:giggle:

magicjay1986;3617853

I read this initially as industrial placemats.Time for bed I think...

guv;3617865

If you see any nice tasteful placemats - subtle pattern with perhaps some blue and yellow in, reasonably priced, please let me know.:thumbsup:

black gerbil1;3618054

thanks for that brah.:thumbsup: will go in tomorrow and see "wag1"You … thanks for that brah.:thumbsup: will go in tomorrow and see "wag1"You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later. ^wow thats a first time ever for me, will hit you on spread tomorrow.

Ten a day and you haven't given me any.:o
    What have you been dishing it out for?:w00t:

Go sign up for ]milkround.com

Majority of the deadlines for big companies are by December, some in Jan.
    I've had a few e-mails, but thers nothing much in the department that I'm interested.
    There are loads in marketing

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Original Poster

chesso;3618365

Ten a day and you haven't given me any.:o

easy tiger:-D

You will struggle with that sort of subject. You will be better off approaching companies that you are interested in yourself.

im from the midlands and know the area inside out, come meet me for a good time big boy!

Original Poster

pghstochaj;3618616

You will struggle with that sort of subject. You will be better off … You will struggle with that sort of subject. You will be better off approaching companies that you are interested in yourself.

nah I dont think it will be to hard, I noticed alot of placements want people on engineering degrees though. :-(
    muffin247;3618640

im from the midlands and know the area inside out, come meet me for a … im from the midlands and know the area inside out, come meet me for a good time big boy!

ok lol wut? (no homo)

black gerbil1;3618733

nah I dont think it will be to hard, I noticed alot of placements want … nah I dont think it will be to hard, I noticed alot of placements want people on engineering degrees though. :-(ok lol wut? (no homo)

It will because it's not a "in-demand" degree like engineering or financial based degrees. That said, I do know people that did low demand degrees that don't have a clue about anything that still managed to get placements without a problem.

Original Poster

pghstochaj;3618751

It will because it's not a "in-demand" degree like engineering or … It will because it's not a "in-demand" degree like engineering or financial based degrees. That said, I do know people do low demand degrees who don't have a clue about anything that still managed to get placements without a problem.

thats good to know, thanks Lidell was right about you.(that your a good intelligent poster )

Banned

black gerbil1;3618797

thats good to know, thanks Lidell was right about you.(that your a good … thats good to know, thanks Lidell was right about you.(that your a good intelligent poster )

You're.

Maybe ask him for some lessons:w00t:

ask ur personal tutor or other peeps on ur course....

Banned

magicbeans;3621835

ask ur personal tutor or other peeps on ur course....

Needs all the help he can get, admitting he is far less than perfect (as we all know) will remedy him.

As we all know, small people in life, often shout the loudest.

berry333;3618368

Go sign up for ]milkround.comMajority of the deadlines for big companies … Go sign up for ]milkround.comMajority of the deadlines for big companies are by December, some in Jan.I've had a few e-mails, but thers nothing much in the department that I'm interested. There are loads in marketing :|Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Did you sign up? Its really good.... :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Walker crisps11
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767532
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      4. One thing you've forgotten2125

See more discussions