Anyone know we're to buy these for reasonable price

Posted 25th Jan
3395322-YaqKx.jpg3395322-iMGnT.jpgbit of a long shot but was looking for a set of terminal crimpers (this particular style ) parallel/square type .
they seem to be over £100 eveywere . but can't really see why they are so expensive . was expecting £50 max .

can anyone suggest retails or manufactures with a better price ?
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Ali express ?
Mr_Gus25/01/2020 22:48

Ali express ?

Yeah has a look there cant see any this style
Mr_Gus25/01/2020 22:48

Ali express ?

Yeah had a look can't see any this style
Do you have a link of one we can see even at the expense price I can't find a example , is this not the same type of thing amazon.co.uk/Cri…p_2
MynameisM25/01/2020 23:00

Do you have a link of one we can see even at the expense price I can't …Do you have a link of one we can see even at the expense price I can't find a example , is this not the same type of thing https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crimping-Volador-Self-Lock-Non-Insulated-Terminals/dp/B077RVK5JK?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

I need the square type (closed jaw not open jaw)
MynameisM25/01/2020 23:00

Do you have a link of one we can see even at the expense price I can't …Do you have a link of one we can see even at the expense price I can't find a example , is this not the same type of thing https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crimping-Volador-Self-Lock-Non-Insulated-Terminals/dp/B077RVK5JK?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

362873413404 eBay item number !!!
A link to the £100 ones that you saw would be extremely helpful so we can try and find you something that is very similar but cheaper.
Haircut_10025/01/2020 23:20

A link to the £100 ones that you saw would be extremely helpful so we can …A link to the £100 ones that you saw would be extremely helpful so we can try and find you something that is very similar but cheaper.

Check the eBay item number 362873413404
39763941-4UsuF.jpg
Out of interest what is different with the end result using the crimping tool you're looking for by comparison to the more common crimping tool design?
dezbo888825/01/2020 23:23

Check the eBay item number 362873413404[Image]

I can't find anything cheaper even more expensive, that's all I'm finding. I'm stumped on this it's probably more complex than the standard ones .
OllieSt25/01/2020 23:36

Out of interest what is different with the end result using the crimping …Out of interest what is different with the end result using the crimping tool you're looking for by comparison to the more common crimping tool design?

The open jaw crimping style bends/twists/distorts the pin . Makes it difficult to fit the pin/terminal a plug housing or connector .

Sometimes causes contact issues like intermittent open circuit .

I have ratchet ones already . I have tried manual one which are a bit better . Used/borrowed the style which I am looking for much better results . (It's just they are alot of money)
amazon.com/Pro…7DE

That brand seems to do a variety of size/type of crimps in that style.

Generally I've only seen the parallel type for network cable termination. I'd look at RS and see what they have. The knipex ones you link look to have replaceable jaws - dont know if the ones I found do
Edited by: "mas99" 25th Jan
mas9925/01/2020 23:44

https://www.amazon.com/ProsKit-CP-3006F-Crimp-Parallel-Action/dp/B007C5R7DEThat brand seems to do a variety of size/type of crimps in that style.Generally I've only seen the parallel type for network cable termination. I'd look at RS and see what they have. The knipex ones you link look to have replaceable jaws - dont know if the ones I found do

10/10 for effort . Generally looking for 0.5 mm to 1.5mm (on that amazon link there is no mention of pin size and the reviews say the tool recieved didn't match the picture show ) #the search continues
dezbo888825/01/2020 23:55

10/10 for effort . Generally looking for 0.5 mm to 1.5mm (on that amazon …10/10 for effort . Generally looking for 0.5 mm to 1.5mm (on that amazon link there is no mention of pin size and the reviews say the tool recieved didn't match the picture show ) #the search continues

I was really just flagging up an alternative manufacturer to knipex.

This one lists awg 10 thru 20 which is 5mm2 down to .5mm2
amazon.com/Pro…Y38
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants