Groups

Anyone know what hotels, motel is?

On my bank statement there is a debit of £20.80 to hotels, motel which i have no idea what it is. Ive ordered a couple of things over the net (mobile phone, dvds and computer games) but nothing to this value and the hotels, motel bit has me stumped as i dont know what it is. The bank were no help so i wondered if any of you know what it might be. I havent been anywhere near a hotel or a motel either before you ask

50 Comments

Banned

I am trying to speak wtih a friend who works in Barclays, does yoru statment say hotel/motel what bank do you bank with., visa or mastercard?

Banned

I am sorry, not sure even he has no idea did you go to a hotel or motel and pay via card ?

Original Poster

Dell_in_the_bed;2488785

I am sorry, not sure even he has no idea did you go to a hotel or motel … I am sorry, not sure even he has no idea did you go to a hotel or motel and pay via card ?

NO i havent been anywhere near a hotel in years or a motel in my life:?

Kitty I can't believe you are pretending that night in the motel didn't happen I thought we had a connection ;-)

Can you remember if you used your card anywhere on the day the transaction's been posted (either online or to the shops)?

Me too:

Debit Card - Hotels,Motel 24.70 ?

Banned

[email protected];2488799

Me too: Debit Card - Hotels,Motel 24.70 ?

Obviously something on here you have both purchased then

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2488789

NO i havent been anywhere near a hotel in years or a motel in my life:?

[email protected];2488799

Me too:Debit Card - Hotels,Motel 24.70 ?

You split the bill or what?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2488877

You split the bill or what?

:giggle: No ive not been near a hotel which is the strange thing:?

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2488880

:giggle: No ive not been near a hotel which is the strange thing:?

Must have been something you got from here...

What you bought from here on that date?

Cross check it with Giles

Mine says Waterlooville...

Banned

Whats the date on the transaction?

Banned

didnt something like this happen on when of them betting sites

Original Poster

ODB_69;2489064

Whats the date on the transaction?

It says 8th on my statement but its only just appeared on my statement today. I checked my bank at 3 am before i went to bed and it wasnt there then. The bank said the actual transaction date was the 6th:? and i didnt buy anything off here on the 6th

one of the companies u have bought from has copied ur bank details....imo

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2489083

It says 8th on my statement but its only just appeared on my statement … It says 8th on my statement but its only just appeared on my statement today. I checked my bank at 3 am before i went to bed and it wasnt there then. The bank said the actual transaction date was the 6th:? and i didnt buy anything off here on the 6th

6th will be when it was 'banked' by their system...could have been up to a few days before.
    6th July was a Sunday...therefore would have been week before so 29th June until 5th July

Bought anything between those dates from here?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2489110

6th will be when it was 'banked' by their system...could have been up to … 6th will be when it was 'banked' by their system...could have been up to a few days before.6th July was a Sunday...therefore would have been week before so 29th June until 5th JulyBought anything between those dates from here?

Ive checked all the things i bought and none of them are for that amount. They were all a lot less or more:?

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2489115

Ive checked all the things i bought and none of them are for that amount. … Ive checked all the things i bought and none of them are for that amount. They were all a lot less or more:?

Anything from the same company in case it was accumulated?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2489122

Anything from the same company in case it was accumulated?

No i got a cd from hmv, a game from play and something else off ebay which was less than 20.80.

Go back to your Bank and ask them to find the originator - all transactions using a card have to have an originator code which in turn identifies the source. You are entitled to this information. Also ask to formally contest the item so they will have to investigate. They may try and charge you for this but remain firm, pleasant and calm and they should help.

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2489136

No i got a cd from hmv, a game from play and something else off ebay … No i got a cd from hmv, a game from play and something else off ebay which was less than 20.80.

Odd....

Giles you bought anything on those dates?

Original Poster

marmalade47;2489140

Go back to your Bank and ask them to find the originator - all … Go back to your Bank and ask them to find the originator - all transactions using a card have to have an originator code which in turn identifies the source. You are entitled to this information. Also ask to formally contest the item so they will have to investigate. They may try and charge you for this but remain firm, pleasant and calm and they should help.

Ive had a problem with amounts coming off my card before which shouldnt have and the bank were useless. They said they couldnt tell me who it was and i had to cancel my card to stop it as it was happening every month

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2489136

No i got a cd from hmv, a game from play and something else off ebay … No i got a cd from hmv, a game from play and something else off ebay which was less than 20.80.

Actually you havent signed up for anything by accident have you?..like a certain company that was very unpopular on here a while back? Tried any new sites lately to buy from?

Original Poster

ODB_69;2489169

Actually you havent signed up for anything by accident have you?..like a … Actually you havent signed up for anything by accident have you?..like a certain company that was very unpopular on here a while back? Tried any new sites lately to buy from?

Nope just the usual. Havent hardly been buying anything recently compared to what i used to

Banned

pinkkitty2007;2489186

Nope just the usual. Havent hardly been buying anything recently compared … Nope just the usual. Havent hardly been buying anything recently compared to what i used to

Could do with finding out what Giles has for the dates

ODB_69;2489202

Could do with finding out what Giles has for the dates

7th July. Can't think of anything I bought. I got 4 t shirts recently for £23.95 - that's the only think I can think of nearly that price...

Banned

either of you joined up to a gambling site? Im sure thats where the last thing like this happened

Banned

[email protected];2489222

7th July. Can't think of anything I bought. I got 4 t shirts recently for … 7th July. Can't think of anything I bought. I got 4 t shirts recently for £23.95 - that's the only think I can think of nearly that price...

So PK went in on the 6th yours on the 7th

Defo related then IMHO....

What Banks u 2 with?

Halifax

sassie;2489240

either of you joined up to a gambling site? Im sure thats where the last … either of you joined up to a gambling site? Im sure thats where the last thing like this happened

They're weird amounts though...

Banned

[email protected];2489328

They're weird amounts though...

I have been trying to find the other thread but cannot find it, cant even remember who it was by and for what company

pinkkitty2007 Where is the location of yours? Are you near Portsmouth?

Banned

[email protected];2489345

pinkkitty2007 Where is the location of yours? Are you near Portsmouth?

PK's Scotland

Banned

when i phoned my bank when a transaction appeared i didnt recognise, i was given a transaction number/code and a telephone number for the compnay, it turned out to be one that had changed its name ence why i didnt recognise it

Banned

Giles, PK...You had this e-mail lately?

ODB_69;2489414

Giles, PK...You had this e-mail lately?

Nope, I wouldn't log in via an email link anyway...

A pub chain? I have been known to go drinking and lose track...

Banned

Have either of you been for a meal lately, at a pub/resterant?

sassie;2489481

Have either of you been for a meal lately, at a pub/resterant?

Unfortunately not. Got a chinese the other night but that was £45... :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764533
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …204559
      3. Samsung Galaxy S611
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416414114

See more discussions