anyone know what quality standard room are for £15 sun holiday in isle of wight?

15 replies
Found 12th Jan 2015
want to take nephews but not sure what standard quality is like. are they chalet?

15 Comments

have a guess....its £15

Original Poster

PLANKT0N0

have a guess....its £15

very helpful. but i wanted to know quality of £15 as opposed to £9.50

Original Poster

are they the chalets or caravan/tents

Banned

I'm guessing it will be a cross between an empty barn and a crackhouse

Original Poster

no one seems to be answering seriously today.are you all high?

We always go for the luxury plus vans. My wife won't go for the standard vans as to small for one thing. There was a documentary on TV on the voucher deals and one of the staff said they won't stay in a standard van. We stayed in a standard van 7 years ago and it was to cold in October with just the one fire for heat. Was not double glazed. Crap tv and not so well fitted out. I think that standard vans have improved but having walked around rockley Park in pool last year we seen a few standard vans that were not looking to good but newer ones looked ok I guess from the outside. Standard would be ok if all you are doing is sleeping after a few drinks on a mates jolly i guess. We could not find any luxury plus vans on sun website this morning so could be all gone? Hope I helped

Original Poster

wayners

We always go for the luxury plus vans. My wife won't go for the standard … We always go for the luxury plus vans. My wife won't go for the standard vans as to small for one thing. There was a documentary on TV on the voucher deals and one of the staff said they won't stay in a standard van. We stayed in a standard van 7 years ago and it was to cold in October with just the one fire for heat. Was not double glazed. Crap tv and not so well fitted out. I think that standard vans have improved but having walked around rockley Park in pool last year we seen a few standard vans that were not looking to good but newer ones looked ok I guess from the outside. Standard would be ok if all you are doing is sleeping after a few drinks on a mates jolly i guess. We could not find any luxury plus vans on sun website this morning so could be all gone? Hope I helped

you did. thank you for that.
i am taking my nephews so the place must be clean and child friendly.cannot find a single luxury one in the 25th may weekend.but i expected that.
so the standard are only 1 room with just the basic facilities.correct?

Original Poster

also what are the park extras - obligatory and optional?

Extras often include bed linen and towels. I took my mum on a caravan holiday with Park holidays and we upgraded to gold. Very pleased with our caravan. Mum had double bedroom with ensuite toilet plus there was a second toilet and shower. I had a small twin room. The kitchen was well equipped and a very spacious lounge.The cheaper caravans allowed pets, which for us was unacceptable. They're not allowed in gold vans so you don't get hairs, smells etc.

Original Poster

13norfolk

Extras often include bed linen and towels. I took my mum on a caravan … Extras often include bed linen and towels. I took my mum on a caravan holiday with Park holidays and we upgraded to gold. Very pleased with our caravan. Mum had double bedroom with ensuite toilet plus there was a second toilet and shower. I had a small twin room. The kitchen was well equipped and a very spacious lounge.The cheaper caravans allowed pets, which for us was unacceptable. They're not allowed in gold vans so you don't get hairs, smells etc.

thank you for your reply.i have booked standard room in isle of wight for my 2 nephews. sister and her partner. 5 in total. not sure what accommodation we will get.

Original Poster

booking with sun for the first time so will keep my fingers crossed.
9.50? already paid 145.ferry and extras to be paid

We put bedding in a bin liner then put vacuum pipe right inside and suck air out. Makes the pillows and bedding much smaller to carry.

Original Poster

wayners

We put bedding in a bin liner then put vacuum pipe right inside and suck … We put bedding in a bin liner then put vacuum pipe right inside and suck air out. Makes the pillows and bedding much smaller to carry.

that is awesome.any advice on what to carry?is upgrade easy enough?

We stayed at Rookley . It was okay not much happening on site or around the area . The only issue with the van was the heating , we had to sit with th gas hob on as they had no spare vans to move us ... luckily my mother in law lives on Newchurch so we spent most our time there

Original Poster

nicwalsall

We stayed at Rookley . It was okay not much happening on site or around … We stayed at Rookley . It was okay not much happening on site or around the area . The only issue with the van was the heating , we had to sit with th gas hob on as they had no spare vans to move us ... luckily my mother in law lives on Newchurch so we spent most our time there

i am regretting booking this now.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled.77
    2. So Flubit is still terrible. What happened?!1114
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769336
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland2864

See more discussions