Anyone know what the format of a 'soul and conscience letter' is ?

Posted 9th Nov 2011
My mates been called as a witness in a court case in Scotland.

He's currently recovering from treatment for cancer. He lives in Bristol and the case is being heard in Airdrie! Which is about as far away as you can get and would be a 7 hours train trip with 5 changes. There's no way he can manage that.

The court has told him his Dr needs to supply a soul and conscience letter so he doesn't have to attend and that his Dr will know what that is.
His Dr has no idea, nor can he (or I) find anything on the net about them apart from a few vague references.
The court say they can't help as it has to be from the Dr? (not sure of the logic there?).

Does anyone here have any knowledge of these and what they have to be?

Thanks. . .
Community Updates