Groups

anyone know what the issue could be with this laptop

A friends newish laptop keeps having graphics glitches, seems to only happen when online

16 Comments

Original Poster

https://s30.postimg.org/bptm6f3nl/IMG_0124.jpg
    Edited by: "MrToast" 12th Dec 2016

Just take it back to where it was bought from and get the money back/ Nobody should have to be a techy/geek for these things. It should work out of the box as expected for at least a year. Is your friend really prepared to spend his time (and your time) fixing this?

Original Poster

tardytortoise

Just take it back to where it was bought from and get the money back/ … Just take it back to where it was bought from and get the money back/ Nobody should have to be a techy/geek for these things. It should work out of the box as expected for at least a year. Is your friend really prepared to spend his time (and your time) fixing this?

Considering it only happens when they are online would suggest it's not a hardware issue

only on Firefox?

Ok - so no software was included at all? No OS? In which case, uninstall and start again whilst on an ethernet port.
    could it just be that the demands of the browser/internet are exposing graphic issues that no other piece of software is exposing?

Original Poster

Mulva42

only on Firefox?

From what they are telling me yes

Over the years I have had similar Firefox issues. Currently I'm good, but my friends is strange but only with Firefox........Even after full uninstall, all folders etc the problem persists...
    My only solution is stop using Firefox for a while, the issues are usually resolved

Reinstall Firefox?

Banned

A full format and reinstall, if it still persists I'd hazard a guess the graphics card is on its way out.

Try disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox - if it is enabled.

Open Firefox, click on Firefox Menu button and select "Options".

Go to "Advanced" tab and disable "Use hardware acceleration when available".

Restart Firefox.

Try disabling Firefox hardware acceleration:
    - From within Firefox
    - Click the menu button and choose Options.
    - Select the Advanced panel and the General tab.
    - Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
    - Click the menu button and then click Exit.
    - Start Firefox the way you normally do.

Have you tried switching it off and back on again?

CaptainSocks

Have you tried switching it off and back on again?

​lol

First thing i would do is download a stress test software max it out that will tell you if its hardware it just use a different browser and try that opera is good

Try Palemoon, it's a variation of Firefox and see if you can repeat the problem. If not then it's firefox.

Comments from psychedelicrenegade and digifool is your answer, please expire this thread before you get anymore bad advice from the likes of tardytortoise

Just take it back to where it was bought from and get the money back/ … Just take it back to where it was bought from and get the money back/ Nobody should have to be a techy/geek for these things. It should work out of the box as expected for at least a year. Is your friend really prepared to spend his time (and your time) fixing this?

and

Ok - so no software was included at all? No OS? In which case, uninstall … Ok - so no software was included at all? No OS? In which case, uninstall and start again whilst on an ethernet port.could it just be that the demands of the browser/internet are exposing graphic issues that no other piece of software is exposing?

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers1929
      3. love affairs1547
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273

See more discussions