Anyone know what this Cloudflare page that started to pop-up, seems to be hijacking hotukdeals when I'm browsing the deals, saying something about errors trying to access hotukdeals website? .

Found 11th Nov 2017
Anyone know if it's some sort of malware etc? I will put some screenshots of it2825918-VGuml.jpg2825918-uMt6j.jpg2825918-0W4MI.jpg2825918-8vPrj.jpg2825918-oPO6G.jpg

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments

Cloudflare is legit.

Looks as if the site may been under ddos attack. I've been getting ddos protection messages

Or just crashed...

Possibly HUKD has been hit with a DDOS attack

Original Poster

Also getting 32412779-iPBWj.jpg

Original Poster

mas994 m ago

Cloudflare is legit.Looks as if the site may been under ddos attack. …Cloudflare is legit.Looks as if the site may been under ddos attack. I've been getting ddos protection messagesOr just crashed...

So Cloudflare is something hotukdeals uses, servers I assume

Pateo2 m ago

So Cloudflare is something hotukdeals uses, servers I assume

Yeah, its a sort of distributed access to the web site (in simple terms) you could think of it as a lot of clones of the ukhd site spread around the world to help speed up access to the site.

Original Poster

mas995 m ago

Yeah, its a sort of distributed access to the web site (in simple terms) …Yeah, its a sort of distributed access to the web site (in simple terms) you could think of it as a lot of clones of the ukhd site spread around the world to help speed up access to the site.

Pita! Seems to be slowing hukd if anything, never had anything like before today

Pateo2 m ago

Pita! Seems to be slowing hukd if anything, never had anything like before …Pita! Seems to be slowing hukd if anything, never had anything like before today

Its not cloudflare that is slowing things - it speeds things up. Something else is causing the problem and as suggested a ddos attack seems plausible.

Original Poster

mas999 m ago

Its not cloudflare that is slowing things - it speeds things up. …Its not cloudflare that is slowing things - it speeds things up. Something else is causing the problem and as suggested a ddos attack seems plausible.

I've passed on my information to hukd team, if that's of any help to anyone

I never understand the purpose of DDOS attack. It just seems so moronic.

Pateo43 m ago

I've passed on my information to hukd team, if that's of any help to …I've passed on my information to hukd team, if that's of any help to anyone

they'll get back to you in a month or so....

OllieSt46 m ago

I never understand the purpose of DDOS attack. It just seems so moronic.

Usually extortion. Pay us $$$BTC or we kill your business

Original Poster

chocci3 h, 39 m ago

they'll get back to you in a month or so....

I passed on to mod Andy wedge he replied very quickly and pasted on my information to hukd Devs, so much for your month or so

Pateo3 h, 21 m ago

I passed on to mod Andy wedge he replied very quickly and pasted on my …I passed on to mod Andy wedge he replied very quickly and pasted on my information to hukd Devs, so much for your month or so

Gotta say I think Andy wedge is possibly the only mod that try's to help and acknowledge questions. None of the others seem to, even on dedicated threads created by mod/admins.

Pateo3 h, 30 m ago

I passed on to mod Andy wedge he replied very quickly and pasted on my …I passed on to mod Andy wedge he replied very quickly and pasted on my information to hukd Devs, so much for your month or so

Passing on to Devs is as good as ignoring you

Original Poster

chocci48 m ago

Passing on to Devs is as good as ignoring you

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants