Anyone know what's wrong with my DVD Drive (F:)

Found 19th Feb 2011
Showing up as having 0 bytes free and not reading discs properly. Just happened all of a sudden. Anyone know what the problem is?

Picture below, help appreciated

16 Comments

Original Poster

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy359/cfc_mark/dvd.jpg

Do you burn a lot of stuff on it?
Edited by: "MarzBarz" 19th Feb 2011

It's a finalise disk? so it has zero free room.

FM2011 FTW!!

is it happening with different discs?

Original Poster

Marz Barz - Nope hardly ever

Sven - I'm a computer idiot so I have no idea what that means

gbspurs - Legendary game

R4ge - Yup, tried 3 or 4 discs

CFC_Mark

R4ge - Yup, tried 3 or 4 discs

Are they all game discs?

CFC_Mark

Marz Barz - Nope hardly everSven - I'm a computer idiot so I have no idea … Marz Barz - Nope hardly everSven - I'm a computer idiot so I have no idea what that meansgbspurs - Legendary gameR4ge - Yup, tried 3 or 4 discs

It means that you cannot ad any more data to it, so to all intent and purposes it has 0 amount of bytes of free space

Edited by: "jonny619447" 19th Feb 2011

Have you tried switching it off and on again?

have you tried running an anti virus / malware programme?

This is like an interrogation lol

Original Poster

Jonny - Cheers for that

yellowputty - I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver, don't even know if that's possible but i defo uninstalled something :L

r4ge - Haha i'm buckling under the pressure with all these questions :p. Actually haven't tried that, will give it a go now

Have you put a disc that can be burnt to in?!?

OP have you Mounted a game on to this drive ?
Edited by: "WheresMeNuts" 20th Feb 2011

Reinstall it:

Go to start and right click on my computer then … Go to start and right click on my computer then properties/hardware/device manager. Navigate to your CD player and right click and select uninstall.Reboot your system and windows will locate it and reinstall it

also.. could be dust in the drive or dirty laser. If you have one, use a cd/dvd cleaner. If you don't - they're cheap as chips: tinyurl.com/6d2…42x
Edited by: "oldmanhouse" 20th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Tomwatts - Not as far as I know

Nuts - I have mounted a game onto it before, but it still worked right after i mounted the game.

oldmanhouse - Cheers i'll give the cd a go.

CFC_Mark

Tomwatts - Not as far as I know :)Nuts - I have mounted a game onto it … Tomwatts - Not as far as I know :)Nuts - I have mounted a game onto it before, but it still worked right after i mounted the game.oldmanhouse - Cheers i'll give the cd a go.

Can you right-click on the drive & see if you have a option that says Un-mount.
Post a comment
@
    Text