Expired

anyone know when new smartwatches will be available?

Found 3rd Sep 2014
Asus
Moto 360
LG G R watch

anyone know roughly when they will be available to buy!
Community Updates
17 Comments
The moto 360 is supposed to come out Later today
Yeah roughly in the next few weeks / months depending on the particular watch mentioned above. Will all be out before Christmas.
Original Poster
feves92

The moto 360 is supposed to come out Later today

thanks that be the talk about it release, but was thinking of the availability of buying them, I would assume end of month, im just inpatient and like having a day!

ill look out for it:)

Iv

whelan189

thanks that be the talk about it release, but was thinking of the … thanks that be the talk about it release, but was thinking of the availability of buying them, I would assume end of month, im just inpatient and like having a day!ill look out for it:)

Ive heard it could be as soon as tomorrow but its all speculation at the moment
Moto 360 out in the USA as of today, and will be available in UK early OCT for £200 ($250 in USA)

Will be available from Amazon. Tesco, o2, John Lewis initially.
I'm getting the moto it's out on the play store today but can only buy in the USA for 250 dollars. It's coming out in UK in October for 199 pounds I've got my money saved.
Original Poster
oliverkennedy10

I'm getting the moto it's out on the play store today but can only buy in … I'm getting the moto it's out on the play store today but can only buy in the USA for 250 dollars. It's coming out in UK in October for 199 pounds I've got my money saved.

hmmm im not sure now, Im not any means poor, im a teenager with lot of cash from part time work, but £200 just seems too much for a gimmick, phones are this price so why should a little watch which costs them lot less the phones cost, im going to give it a miss as its basically beta testing, would love to own one, but price is very dear, I think they should be around £130 region at most
whelan189

hmmm im not sure now, Im not any means poor, im a teenager with lot of … hmmm im not sure now, Im not any means poor, im a teenager with lot of cash from part time work, but £200 just seems too much for a gimmick, phones are this price so why should a little watch which costs them lot less the phones cost, im going to give it a miss as its basically beta testing, would love to own one, but price is very dear, I think they should be around £130 region at most

What a load of tosh? What on earth do you base your costs on? What about all of the R&D, Marketing etc. what you're saying is you can't afford it. Nothing wrong with that, if these were about £400 I'd be in the same boat not being able to afford it / justify the cost. There is cheaper options out there as when launched this will be highly desirable compared to other Android Wear.

Original Poster
ipswich78

What a load of tosh? What on earth do you base your costs on? What about … What a load of tosh? What on earth do you base your costs on? What about all of the R&D, Marketing etc. what you're saying is you can't afford it. Nothing wrong with that, if these were about £400 I'd be in the same boat not being able to afford it / justify the cost. There is cheaper options out there as when launched this will be highly desirable compared to other Android Wear.

I spose, and I can afford it, just cannot justify £200 on something that is so underdeveloped, might just buy the lg g watch second hand around £100 then resell in a couple of months doubt it go down in price that much, Im not sure on the circle on reviews people said it cuts of text and is quite annoying, so annoying we have to wait another months to buy though -.-
whelan189

I spose, and I can afford it, just cannot justify £200 on something that … I spose, and I can afford it, just cannot justify £200 on something that is so underdeveloped, might just buy the lg g watch second hand around £100 then resell in a couple of months doubt it go down in price that much, Im not sure on the circle on reviews people said it cuts of text and is quite annoying, so annoying we have to wait another months to buy though -.-

That's the problem with technology nowadays. It gets updated so frequently that incremental updates mean a big deal. Part of being an early adopter to new technology (which Android Wear / Smart Watches) fall into is that many of the technologies are young and under developed i.e. batteries.

In the next few increments you'll see more and more things introduced such as GPS, Speakers, Radio Antenna (a mobile on your watch basically), better battery life, higher quality screens, NFC - All of which are available now (apart from decent battery life and NFC?) on separate devices.

They still don't wow me, I want them to as I love new tech but it needs to be useful / essential as opposed to a 'nice to have' with a gimmick factor.

The second hand option is a good route if you're not convinced. I ordered my Samsung Gear Live on the date it was released. 48 hours after it was delivered I had boxed it up and sent it back with absolutely no regrets. I will come back to a smart watch i'm sure of it, just not quite yet...
Original Poster
ipswich78

That's the problem with technology nowadays. It gets updated so … That's the problem with technology nowadays. It gets updated so frequently that incremental updates mean a big deal. Part of being an early adopter to new technology (which Android Wear / Smart Watches) fall into is that many of the technologies are young and under developed i.e. batteries.In the next few increments you'll see more and more things introduced such as GPS, Speakers, Radio Antenna (a mobile on your watch basically), better battery life, higher quality screens, NFC - All of which are available now (apart from decent battery life and NFC?) on separate devices.They still don't wow me, I want them to as I love new tech but it needs to be useful / essential as opposed to a 'nice to have' with a gimmick factor.The second hand option is a good route if you're not convinced. I ordered my Samsung Gear Live on the date it was released. 48 hours after it was delivered I had boxed it up and sent it back with absolutely no regrets. I will come back to a smart watch i'm sure of it, just not quite yet...

had the lg g watch 24 hours and boxing it up and will be selling on, at the moment even the lg g watch i think there pointless as the features are okay however outside you cant even read the time properly which makes it useless, i can see where there going also the watch is sometime 2-3 mins delay of notifications
whelan189

had the lg g watch 24 hours and boxing it up and will be selling on, at … had the lg g watch 24 hours and boxing it up and will be selling on, at the moment even the lg g watch i think there pointless as the features are okay however outside you cant even read the time properly which makes it useless, i can see where there going also the watch is sometime 2-3 mins delay of notifications

Why not return it rather than sell it?
Original Poster
ipswich78

Why not return it rather than sell it?

bought it second hand on ebay, £90
whelan189

bought it second hand on ebay, £90

£90? Good price.
Original Poster
ipswich78

£90? Good price.

picked it up from a guy locally, to get my money back on ebay will have to sell for 106-110 after fees and postage, but they go for little less so lost money haha oh well
whelan189

picked it up from a guy locally, to get my money back on ebay will have … picked it up from a guy locally, to get my money back on ebay will have to sell for 106-110 after fees and postage, but they go for little less so lost money haha oh well

True, but a cheap way of finding out if you like it. Try selling via Gumtree or Facebook groups - it'll still be under warranty so that will definitely help when selling.
Expansys are taking pre-orders on the Moto 360.

Whether they will get any for launch day remains to be seen ....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions