anyone know where i can buy bintang lager in the UK

Posted 27th Apr 2015
Was in Bali and enjoyed the Bintang , anyone know where to buy it online or instore. Thanks in advance .
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
8 Comments
  1. Avatar
    No idea, I'm still looking for Dickens Cider, Seems nowhere sells it :(.
  2. Avatar
    On a serious note is it not just Heineken? Same company.
    Edited by: ".MUFC." 27th Apr 2015
  3. Avatar
    could try this cool website, great for finding things like this:
    google.co.uk
  4. Avatar
    Wing Yip superstores.
  5. Avatar
    I have certainly seen it in Tesco or Sainsburys over the years. But why would you? Vile stuff, has formaldehyde in it as the water is so rubbish!
  6. Avatar
    Morrisons Supermarket, 3 x 600 ml bottles for £5
  7. Avatar
    airbus33028/04/2015 14:39

I have certainly seen it in Tesco or Sainsburys over the years. But why …I have certainly seen it in Tesco or Sainsburys over the years. But why would you? Vile stuff, has formaldehyde in it as the water is so rubbish!

Of course it doesn't have formaldehyde in it, you tool. It's a great beer and hugely popular in Bali, not that you've probably ever been out of your small-town hovel.
  8. Avatar
    Ashley_Mead28/05/2022 14:26

Of course it doesn't have formaldehyde in it, you tool. It's a great beer …Of course it doesn't have formaldehyde in it, you tool. It's a great beer and hugely popular in Bali, not that you've probably ever been out of your small-town hovel.

Life must be quiet to resurrect a 2015 thread!
    First off, over a period of 10 years, I've worked in Sulawesi, Aceh, Java and Indonesian Borneo. Not even remotely the touristy bits. And for periods of months.
    About 15 years ago Indonesia had a well reported (in the far eastern press) scandal of food manufacturers using formalin to illegally preserve foods. Having drunk a fair few Bintang in all these places, if you drank it in Batam it always had a highly chemical after taste. The locals contended that the brewery that supplied Batam had poor water quality and it needed chemical treatment with formalin. I can't prove that, but I could get plenty of others to back the story and the taste of Bintang in this location. While I'm sure that any imported Bintang in the UK doesn't have any formalin in it, I used the anecdote to underline what a very poor beer it is, whilst I accept that it might be to your taste.
    I really don't see the point of coming on a thread and using insulting language. Happy to agree to disagree, but please keep the insults under the stone where you live.
Post a comment