Anyone know where I can download ms word from?

Found 10th Jan
I really need ms word as I bought s lenova laptop and didn't realise it wouldn't have this software included. I'm desperately applying for jobs and need it for applications. If you know anywhere I can buy it please do let me know. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

1. Ask
  2. Microsoft
30 Comments

Microsoft?

I have started creating documents in Google Drive as they can be accessed from other devices. I no longer use Word.

why not use open office ?
openoffice.org/

Why not use OpenOffice which is free. Does nearly everything MS Office does without paying Microsoft or using a dodgy copy. openoffice.org

Msw very expensive application...
Have you tried free alternatives? libreoffice.org for example...
If you still want Ms office argos.co.uk/pro…117 for 1 PC only.. 1 year
Edited by: "Mogolent" 10th Jan

If you work for a company just enter your work email here.. 100% legit..

You may be supprised that you are entitled..

microsofthup.com/hup…=GB

It's the Microsoft home use version. £9.95 for full office 2016.
Edited by: "Dawsy" 10th Jan

You could just sign up to a month of Office 365 which includes all the office apps for £5.99 no obligation, can cancel after the first month microsoftstore.com/sto…age

If it is Word you want then you can use Word Online by Microsoft. You will need a Windows login to use it, and it is cloud based.

office.live.com/sta…spx

Have you actually Googled this? Whilst there is free alternatives available you can easily download Microsoft Word funnily enough via the Microsoft Website. I also believe there is a free 30 day trial and you can either buy it as a one off or on a monthly subscription.

Just use LibreOffice for Windows. Its open-source and completely free. Libreoffice is absolutely fine for writing letters, you don't need MS Office.
libreoffice.org/dow…ll/
libreoffice.org/dow…ns/
And you don't have to worrying about installing malware, by using iffy copies of MSOffice off the internet.
The cheapest way of getting Genuine MSOffice is by buying MSOffice 365 Personal, which gives you a personal 1 year subscription for MSOffice, but as said for what you need, just install Libreoffice.
Edited by: "tightar5e" 10th Jan

Dawsy

If you work for a company just enter your work email here.. 100% … If you work for a company just enter your work email here.. 100% legit..You may be supprised that you are entitled..https://www.microsofthup.com/hupuk/home.aspx?country_id=GBIt's the Microsoft home use version. £9.95 for full office 2016.

That's how I got mine, I think you pay an extra tenner for the DVD too

Your choice of using MS Word will come at a cost. If you are not comfortable with the costs involved, consider one of the other no-cost options suggested earlier that are Word-compatible. You can even obtain no-cost portable versions so you can carry the program around on a USB stick and use it without restriction on any other Windows machine that has USB connectivity.

SusieM

Why not use OpenOffice which is free. Does nearly everything MS Office … Why not use OpenOffice which is free. Does nearly everything MS Office does without paying Microsoft or using a dodgy copy. https://www.openoffice.org

It's better to use/install Libreoffice which is fork (version) of openoffice base code, which is has active support/updates.

RossD89

If it is Word you want then you can use Word Online by Microsoft. You … If it is Word you want then you can use Word Online by Microsoft. You will need a Windows login to use it, and it is cloud based.https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx

I agree, use the online version or as others have stated, give google docs a try.

I use OpenOffice which is essentially the same as Word, but free.

The simpliest way to try LinuxMint (or Fedora) which has LibreOffice 5 built in (try without having to install Mint or LibreOffice) is to download a Live USB Image of either Fedora 25 / Linux Mint 18.
getfedora.org/en_…ad/
Linux Mint 18.1 - Cinnamon (64-bit)

You copy the ISO image to a new blank 2GB/4GB/8GB or larger USB Stick. Note: (Important: any existing files will be removed, use a new formatted USB drive) and you boot your computer from this. Fedora provide a free program to use under Windows, Tool to do this:
FedoraMediaWriter-win32-4.0.7

If you run/boot the 'live USB image', it allows you to try Fedora / Linux Mint from the USB Drive, without installing anything to your computer, both USBs have LibreOffice 5 built in.

Edited by: "tightar5e" 10th Jan

I vote for Libre office and just save document as .doc. Rather than the default odf. Open document format...

tightar5e

It's better to use/install Libreoffice which is fork (version) of … It's better to use/install Libreoffice which is fork (version) of openoffice base code, which is has active support/updates.

^^^^ Wot he said

tightar5e

The simpliest way to try LibreOffice (without having to install it) is to … The simpliest way to try LibreOffice (without having to install it) is to download a Live USB Image of either Fedora 25 / Linux Mint 18. https://getfedora.org/en_GB/workstation/download/Linux Mint 18.1 - Cinnamon (64-bit)You copy the ISO image to a new blank 2GB/4GB/8GB or larger USB Stick. Note: (Important: any existing files will be removed, use a new formatted USB drive) and you boot your computer from this. Fedora provide a free program to use under Windows, Tool to do this:FedoraMediaWriter-win32-4.0.7If you run/boot the 'live USB image', it allows you to try Fedora / Linux Mint from the USB Drive, without installing anything to your computer, and run LibreOffice 5 too.

You don't need to do any of that Libra office is available in portable version to run off a usb stick with no install required.

gr8t1

You don't need to do any of that Libra office is available in portable … You don't need to do any of that Libra office is available in portable version to run off a usb stick with no install required.

As above too. libreoffice.org/dow…ns/

tightar5e

It's better to use/install Libreoffice which is fork (version) of … It's better to use/install Libreoffice which is fork (version) of openoffice base code, which is has active support/updates.

Thanks - will give it a try.

If you've got a hotmail account, you can use MS word from there...

I've successfully downloaded Microsoft Office Starter 2010

techspot.com/dow…tml

To install it successfully you need to right click on the download and select "troubleshoot compatibility".

Another contender versus Softmaker FreeOffice (the 2016 "free version") is the free giveaway (still running) of the 2012 "standard" hotukdeals.com/fre…765

While 2016 Free is more recent, 2012 Standard has some additional capabilities from the comparison (Free, Standard, Pro)
softmaker.net/dow…pdf
Looking at the 2012 Standard, I can't find anything other than the free "hunspell" dictionaries, but it does have thesaurus, equation editor and the ability to save to DOCX

* Happy user of 2012 standard

Pretty much answered above - but to summarise OP - you have 3 options.

- Obtain it legally (Costing from around £10.00 on Ebay for full MS Office Professional Plus download key)
- Obtain it illegally (Free - download using torrents)
- Use a Free Alternative (OpenOffice, Libre Office etc)

westy125

Microsoft?

Sure, if you have money to burn, why not?

118luke

Sure, if you have money to burn, why not?

​Op asked where they could buy it from, they didn't mention budget? Loads of Internet sites selling legit keys for £10-20 for single use if you can be bothered to find them

Original Poster

Thank you for all the replies, I will try one of a number of options offered above, ideally would like it free (who doesn't), but the subscription ones need to be renewed every year I'm assuming so want to avoid them. I did get microsoft word on a free 30 day trial before but wanted to avoid paying for something that's time limited.

saraye

Thank you for all the replies, I will try one of a number of options … Thank you for all the replies, I will try one of a number of options offered above, ideally would like it free (who doesn't), but the subscription ones need to be renewed every year I'm assuming so want to avoid them. I did get microsoft word on a free 30 day trial before but wanted to avoid paying for something that's time limited.

​If you can get the one I posted office 2016 it's not a subscription version.. it's the full product. so £9.95 is all you pay.. Which is more than a fair price for what you get.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    2. Computer upgrades67
    3. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77
    4. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?89

See more discussions