Anyone know where I can get a backlight for a Toshiba 42XV503?

6 replies
Found 19th Apr 2011
I bought a 42XV503 (42XV505DB) from play just under three years ago.Now for £800 minus a voucher taking it to £720 and minus whatever Quidco I got I get a surprise that it has a ONE YEAR warranty. There was me thinking it was three as well (Wake up call for using John Lewis methinx)

Im 99.9% sure it is just the backlight. If I hold a torch up to it I see 'stuff'.

Anyone know where I can get a new backlight and possibly a ballpark figure for it? Can anyone even tell me what to search please? Ive tried a few googles and Im not having much success except for full tv's.

ANy help appreciated.

1. Misc
  2. Toshiba
6 Comments

120703990044 - Seems to be a similar model. Not sure though.

Original Poster

Adam2050

120703990044 - Seems to be a similar model. Not sure though.

Thanks, I'll need to see if I can find a service manual and check out the part #'s.

I have a 42Z3030DB with a broken screen thats of no use to me you're welcome to it if the parts are compatible?

Original Poster

rickwoody

I have a 42Z3030DB with a broken screen thats of no use to me you're … I have a 42Z3030DB with a broken screen thats of no use to me you're welcome to it if the parts are compatible?

Sounds good, I'll get back to you on that. I have to track down a service manual. Where do you live? Postage probably be a complete bummer. If they are compatable I will pay of course.

I'm in Essex, i may be able to pull out the part that u need to save on postage if they turn out to be compatible.

Original Poster

Thanks, I will try to find out ASAP.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Unidays12
    2. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway34
    3. Camera lens66
    4. Differences between RX 480s22

See more discussions