Anyone know where I can get a ply wood floor for a VW 800 transporter from ?

10 replies
Found 29th Oct 2008
I can find sites doing the whole interior but not doing just the floor.. I've emailed a few (on Monday) and they can't be bothered to reply !!

1. Misc
  2. VW
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. VW
10 Comments

B & Q

Anyone know where I can get a ply wood floor for a VW 800 transporter … Anyone know where I can get a ply wood floor for a VW 800 transporter from ?

Yep, you could always blag it from another one....:whistling:

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;3319252

Yep, you could always blag it from another one....:whistling:

Not having the fastest screwdriver in the west, I doubt it

Original Poster

littlemeglet;3319246

B & Q

They sell the ply, but I don't have the tools to cut it to shape...

steve1221;3319313

They sell the ply, but I don't have the tools to cut it to shape...

Only need a Jigsaw, and possibly a circular saw. If you have the old one, it's even easier.

This should be in "Deal Requests".

Original Poster

thesaint;3319327

Only need a Jigsaw, and possibly a circular saw. If you have the old … Only need a Jigsaw, and possibly a circular saw. If you have the old one, it's even easier.

The old ones not ply its rubber, only got a jig is that enough ?

This should be in "Deal Requests".

Damn, clicked the wrong drop down, sorry...

steve1221;3319397

The old ones not ply its rubber, only got a jig is that enough ?This … The old ones not ply its rubber, only got a jig is that enough ?This should be in "Deal Requests". :)Damn, clicked the wrong drop down, sorry...

Even if its rubber it will make a good template, and yes a jigsaw will be fine just make sure you get the right blade for the wood and get a couple of spares as its tempting to use a different type if it breaks/bluntens and take your time, and remember - measure twice cut once:thumbsup:

steve1221;3319397

The old ones not ply its rubber, only got a jig is that enough ?This … The old ones not ply its rubber, only got a jig is that enough ?This should be in "Deal Requests". :)Damn, clicked the wrong drop down, sorry...

A jigsaw will do, but they aren't great for cutting long straight lines.

thesaint;3319491

A jigsaw will do, but they aren't great for cutting long straight lines.

Depends on the user and technique:thumbsup:

I have one with a laser on it and its useless much easier to clamp a baton onto the work and use that as a guide to run the edge of the jigsaws plate along. Should be a little leeway anyway as i'd run a bead of silicon sealant around the edge.

Original Poster

I'm **** at woodwork, always have been ! I might get a circular saw from Argos, cut the ply and then take it back !!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?39
    2. Best/cheapest music service55
    3. Best place to get Euro's... this Wednesday?812
    4. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…33

See more discussions