Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone Know where I stand?

Does anyone know where I stand.

My bro has opened his 60Gb PS3 console and took apart the drive and cables on it.

Do you think Sony will fix it?

I doubt so, as I might have to sell it as you can get a new drive and cables anywhere.

Ad

8 Comments

read this thread, you can do the same thing with the PS3

hotukdeals.com/for…921

Hi Adam

for a broken PS3, i would suggest signing up to ]Continuous Play which is a £4.99 a month service that will replace a broken PS3. however the fact that the PS3 in your case has been taken apart may void it from being included in it.
    could be worth a try though

Phone Sony and tell them it doesn't work.

They exchange at the door, but when they receive yours back, they may bill you as it has been tinkered with.
    Or you can commit insurance fraud as suggested above.

and the saint saves the day again with his carp, as always.

thesaint;4792808

Phone Sony and tell them it doesn't work.They exchange at the door, but … Phone Sony and tell them it doesn't work.They exchange at the door, but when they receive yours back, they may bill you as it has been tinkered with.Or you can commit insurance fraud as suggested above.

I'm sure the majority of the users of that service have done the same thing, i haven't though as my 60Gb PS3 is running fine
    it was just an alternative idea to avoid paying Sony's extremely high replacement fee, which is around £150 or something

Original Poster

thesaint;4792808

Phone Sony and tell them it doesn't work.They exchange at the door, but … Phone Sony and tell them it doesn't work.They exchange at the door, but when they receive yours back, they may bill you as it has been tinkered with.Or you can commit insurance fraud as suggested above.

I agree with The Saint on that one it is classed as Fraud, and at the least dishonest and that just isn't me.

They will likely bill for a new console though which is not worth it.

Ad

thesaint;4792808

+1

Adam2050;4793013

I agree with The Saint on that one it is classed as Fraud, and at the … I agree with The Saint on that one it is classed as Fraud, and at the least dishonest and that just isn't me.They will likely bill for a new console though which is not worth it.Ad

Yes, it is fraud, no other word describes it.

Sony don't take any payment details from you though, so apart from invoicing you, I don't know what they would do.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691427
      2. One for the mathmaticians3150
      3. Bearded chat917
      4. What would be HELL to you?3459

See more discussions