Expired

Anyone know where to get any 1st edition pokemon booster boxes?

6 replies
Found 9th May 2013
Can't seem to find any booster boxes 1st edition pokemon, preferably base set or fossil or jungle, any help would be appreciated maybe someone has a box sitting in their basement :O

1. Ask
  2. Pokemon
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Pokemon
6 Comments

A 1st ed Base box will set you back around £7,000-10,000, depending on seller. I'm going to take a slight guess that that's a bit too expensive for the casual person. Even the packs will set you back around £180 each now.

1st ed Jungle boxes usually cost around £200-300, same applies to Fossil. There was a guy on ebay.co.uk selling a 1st ed Fossil box for £225, but I believe that sold. They very rarely appear on ebay.co.uk and importing them would be a pain due to customs. Customs charges on a £250 box would work out to be around £55 + £13 Parcelforce charge you/£8 Royal Mail charge you.

If you want it desperately, there are a few sites (albeit American) that stock boxes. Collectorscache is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

Original Poster

Articuno

A 1st ed Base box will set you back around £7,000-10,000, depending on … A 1st ed Base box will set you back around £7,000-10,000, depending on seller. I'm going to take a slight guess that that's a bit too expensive for the casual person. Even the packs will set you back around £180 each now.1st ed Jungle boxes usually cost around £200-300, same applies to Fossil. There was a guy on ebay.co.uk selling a 1st ed Fossil box for £225, but I believe that sold. They very rarely appear on ebay.co.uk and importing them would be a pain due to customs. Customs charges on a £250 box would work out to be around £55 + £13 Parcelforce charge you/£8 Royal Mail charge you.If you want it desperately, there are a few sites (albeit American) that stock boxes. Collectorscache is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

Hi,

Yeah i noticed the expensive ones are ridiculously priced, i have a few sellers who i'm talking with to negotiate a price for the fossil boxes. So hope that goes well, what i don't get is the customs charge, because sometimes i order from abroad i don't have to pay and sometimes i do, and how is the price derived?

ibzzzz

Hi,Yeah i noticed the expensive ones are ridiculously priced, i have a … Hi,Yeah i noticed the expensive ones are ridiculously priced, i have a few sellers who i'm talking with to negotiate a price for the fossil boxes. So hope that goes well, what i don't get is the customs charge, because sometimes i order from abroad i don't have to pay and sometimes i do, and how is the price derived?

Good luck with your Fossil box negotiations, I want to open an old set myself tbh. I've been looking at older Japanese sets (TR/Fossil/Jungle) as they're only £200 per box or so, and each pack has a holo. But I cannot warrant spending £200 on a box when I'd complete the set in less than half the packs.

About the customs charges, by law, anything valued at over £15 and ticked as merchandise would incur VAT (20%), Parcelforce charge £13.50 for 'admin fees' and Royal Mail charge £8 for the same fees, on top of that you have to pay the 20% VAT. Anything marked as a gift and is valued at over £40 will (or rather should) go through the same process.

However, Parcelforce is the only company I use that shows *everything* that is passed through their distribution centre to customs, if your package is being delivered via Royal Mail, there's a good chance it will slip through customs. A lot of mine have done infact.

None of the above applies to importing from countries inside the EU.

You can ask the seller to mark down customs, a lot of eBayers do not like it when you ask this as it violates eBay policy, and more so it's technically fraud I believe.

Sorry for blabbing on, but I hope I've helped.

Original Poster

Articuno

Good luck with your Fossil box negotiations, I want to open an old set … Good luck with your Fossil box negotiations, I want to open an old set myself tbh. I've been looking at older Japanese sets (TR/Fossil/Jungle) as they're only £200 per box or so, and each pack has a holo. But I cannot warrant spending £200 on a box when I'd complete the set in less than half the packs.About the customs charges, by law, anything valued at over £15 and ticked as merchandise would incur VAT (20%), Parcelforce charge £13.50 for 'admin fees' and Royal Mail charge £8 for the same fees, on top of that you have to pay the 20% VAT. Anything marked as a gift and is valued at over £40 will (or rather should) go through the same process. However, Parcelforce is the only company I use that shows *everything* that is passed through their distribution centre to customs, if your package is being delivered via Royal Mail, there's a good chance it will slip through customs. A lot of mine have done infact.None of the above applies to importing from countries inside the EU.You can ask the seller to mark down customs, a lot of eBayers do not like it when you ask this as it violates eBay policy, and more so it's technically fraud I believe.Sorry for blabbing on, but I hope I've helped.

That was a lot of help mate! Cheers for that, ah customs is going to be a pain, but the thing me and a friend are attempting to do is get the cards graded by PSA, and complete a set etc we've managed to get hold of 60 Jungle First Editions booster packs, but its the Fossil ones we're after now.

I send cards off to PSA via my Australian friend, means I miss out on customs charges which is great.

What I do know is that PSA put the "Value" of the contents down by however much you paid them to grade (so, 15 x $10 + $40 for P&P for instance), rather than the actual value of the contents.

If you get a PSA 10 Dragonite holo I'd definitely be interested in purchasing it, or even ditto.

Best of luck mate

Original Poster

Articuno

I send cards off to PSA via my Australian friend, means I miss out on … I send cards off to PSA via my Australian friend, means I miss out on customs charges which is great.What I do know is that PSA put the "Value" of the contents down by however much you paid them to grade (so, 15 x $10 + $40 for P&P for instance), rather than the actual value of the contents. If you get a PSA 10 Dragonite holo I'd definitely be interested in purchasing it, or even ditto. Best of luck mate

Yeah,

no problem mate, i will also be getting a new youtube channel to upload a few booster pack openings etc, will keep you updated, and thanks for the help much appreciated!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Camera lens11
    2. Typical cost of boiler installation67
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London11
    4. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…11

See more discussions