Groups

Anyone know where you can buy cheap black vinyl sticker?

I'm thinking of sprucing up a second hand laptop I bought off here. Only need enough for the left/right buttons of the trackpad. I was thinking of using black electrical tape but I know it won't come out looking nice. If I can pull this off I will do the same on another laptop of mine.

14 Comments

Original Poster

http://i66.tinypic.com/2wnvims.jpg

If you want them black the easiest way your just sand off the silver down to the black below.

Hobby craft sell single sheets. Make a template up to cut around with a sharp knife. That sort of thing you want?

Original Poster

wayners

Hobby craft sell single sheets. Make a template up to cut around with a … Hobby craft sell single sheets. Make a template up to cut around with a sharp knife. That sort of thing you want?

Yeah, something I can stick on top.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

If you want them black the easiest way your just sand off the silver down … If you want them black the easiest way your just sand off the silver down to the black below.

That's a good idea but I haven't got nothing to sand it down, vinyl seems the easier solution. All you need is a pair of scissors and a steady hand.
    Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 4th Dec 2016

RiverDragon8

That's a good idea but I haven't got nothing to sand it down, vinyl seems … That's a good idea but I haven't got nothing to sand it down, vinyl seems the easier solution. All you need is a pair of scissors and a steady hand.

​just a thought, reflective stickers for hgv vehicles come in loads of colours but aren't stretchy like insulation tape, if all else fails motorway maintenance I think are black/yellow stripes, you could most probably get a A4 size off eBay.
    use the black or have reflective yellow.

For a nominal amount ie 99p you can get car wrap samples on ebay. The samples are more than big enough to cover those buttons.

Original Poster

The_IMF

For a nominal amount ie 99p you can get car wrap samples on ebay. The … For a nominal amount ie 99p you can get car wrap samples on ebay. The samples are more than big enough to cover those buttons.

Ladies and gentlemen I think we have the winner. I was looking for sheets of vinyl and the prices I was getting was £5, if you add 'car' to 'vinyl' you get 99p
    Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 4th Dec 2016

RiverDragon8

Whats the dimensions?
    I may have something of use if you like a wood effect

Original Poster

mallie21

Whats the dimensions? I may have something of use if you like a wood … Whats the dimensions? I may have something of use if you like a wood effect

It's been sorted, only need a small amount to cover 2 trackpad butons.

RiverDragon8

It's been sorted, only need a small amount to cover 2 trackpad butons.

Ok no worries if you change your mind I have an actual trackpad vinyl I got for ab xps 13

I would get one designed for mobile phones as it would be harder wearing

Original Poster

The_IMF

For a nominal amount ie 99p you can get car wrap samples on ebay. The … For a nominal amount ie 99p you can get car wrap samples on ebay. The samples are more than big enough to cover those buttons.

I went with the silver vinyl. Here is the before and after.
    http://i64.tinypic.com/2lu3osw.jpg

RiverDragon8

I went with the silver vinyl. Here is the before and after.

​That's a really good job!!! I wouldn't have the patience for being so neat!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to European satellite tv32
      2. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…11
      3. Cheapest way to call landline, UK to Ireland78
      4. Any now tv entertainment offers going on???11

See more discussions