Expired

Anyone know where you can buy Mint Custard?

Found 23rd Apr 2013
Was talking with a friend about Chcocolate cake with Mint custard. There's plenty of recipes online, but does anyone know if you can get a tin of it anywhere?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Couldn't you just make custard/buy custard and add peppermint essence?
Just stick some trebors in ya custard
Original Poster
eme1i

Couldn't you just make custard/buy custard and add peppermint essence?

And green food colouring.... yeap I could. But that's not the question I asked
Edited by: "chyllyphylly" 23rd Apr 2013
Fair enough, I don't think it exists
I asked the Mint police & they told me to take you into custardy, on a more serious note, plenty of recipes but no physical product sorry.
Me mam was a dinner lady at our school and she tells me it wasn't bought in, it was made using normal custard mix and once it was mixed they added mint essence and green food colouring. She still makes it for my kids using the custard powder you add boiling water to and the "Supercook" food colouring. Not sure which mint essence she uses though. Anyone remember the pink custard?
I was just talking about this! Two of my fondest memories from school involve chocolate sponge with mint custard, and shortbread with strawberry custard. I have looked everywhere for the mint custard on sale, but to no avail.
"Two of my fondest memories from school involve chocolate sponge with mint custard"

Would you care to elaborate?
I was only looking in asda two weeks ago miss mint custard and chocolate sauce it was fab at school !
I agree with Locko. It was never a product bought in, but was made on the premises with essence and colourings as eme1i suggested in the beginning.
Me and my husband often reminisce our school days and remember mint custard with chocolate cake..like today for instance we have a homemade fudge cake in front of us. I'm thinking best make this mint essence and green food colouring for the ultimate mint custard, just got to get to the shops..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants