Expired

anyone know which courier John Lewis use?

Found 7th Sep 2013
ordered a television over a week ago for delivery yesterday 2-9pm

nothing turned up

called JL today to be told yes the delivery was missed but they can't sort anything until Monday, but could confirm TV is with the courier but now no idea when they will deliver .... Grrrr

so wondering which courier company JL use

anyone?

EliTom
Community Updates
16 Comments
properly yodel by the sounds if it. Best ring and find out what is happening.
can't remember courier but I had the samething and it never arrived John Lewis had to send another one as the first one was LOST (yeah right) It took over two weeks to get it, There should be a track and track number on your order that what I had.
I have called them three times and got different stories each time

6pm yesterday - your parcel is out for delivery - it WILL be there before 9pm

9pm - you do not have an allocated slot - will be delivered whenever

7am today - it should have been delivered yesterday - its on the van - don't know why failed delivery but now you need to wait till Monday for more info - not what I would expect from JL !!

EliTom
yve67

can't remember courier but I had the samething and it never arrived John … can't remember courier but I had the samething and it never arrived John Lewis had to send another one as the first one was LOST (yeah right) It took over two weeks to get it, There should be a track and track number on your order that what I had.

that's what I am wondering - it's lost and now out of stock / discontinued !

EliTom
elitom

that's what I am wondering - it's lost and now out of stock / … that's what I am wondering - it's lost and now out of stock / discontinued !EliTom

Does it have a tracking number on your comfirmation??
yve67

Does it have a tracking number on your comfirmation??

nope - that's what I did not understand

but they have just phoned - driver ran out of hours last night so now delivering today !

EliTom
If you have a timed slot it SHOULD be a JL van itself, what size is the tv?

Just noticed your new comment, so it is a JL van, as I said if you have a timed slot, its a JL van itself, if its something one person can carry its usually Parceforce or Citylink.

Edited by: "dbhoy" 7th Sep 2013
elitom

nope - that's what I did not understandbut they have just phoned - driver … nope - that's what I did not understandbut they have just phoned - driver ran out of hours last night so now delivering today !EliTom

Take it from me don't hold your breath thats what they told me at first.
yve67

Take it from me don't hold your breath thats what they told me at first.

oh - they better turn up today ...

... they have called and said it will be here before2pm today

and we have guest here from the USA - so Mrs has taken them out sightseeing while I sit and wait for the JL Van

so if they don't turn up - God help them .....

EliTom
elitom

oh - they better turn up today ...... they have called and said it will … oh - they better turn up today ...... they have called and said it will be here before2pm todayand we have guest here from the USA - so Mrs has taken them out sightseeing while I sit and wait for the JL Vanso if they don't turn up - God help them .....EliTom

Well good luck and I really hope it turns up,Let me know if I am right or wrong
it arrived

and it's very nice

EliTom
elitom

it arrived :)and it's very nice :DEliTom

By John Lewis delivery van??
Inactive

By John Lewis delivery van??

yep !

and no comment / apology why they are 24 hours late - I guess that must be "service as usual"

EliTom
Edited by: "elitom" 7th Sep 2013
I think that you were very unlucky on this occasion, I have always had first class service from JL.
9 hours daily driving time daily that can be extended to ten hours twice a week is current eu driving regs so two men on a truck equals a possible twenty hours of driving time. So I'm afraid the excuse you have been given about running out of time is a tall tale.
welsh ham

9 hours daily driving time daily that can be extended to ten hours twice … 9 hours daily driving time daily that can be extended to ten hours twice a week is current eu driving regs so two men on a truck equals a possible twenty hours of driving time. So I'm afraid the excuse you have been given about running out of time is a tall tale.

exactly - especially as it was two men in a transit van !

EliTom

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants