Anyone knows what Eurovox is?

Hi,

Even though i can google it and also understand the part that you can watch channels on it, but any idea what all channels can be watched and is there anyone here using it?

Thanks

14 Comments

Stealing cable eh?

All channels that Virgin Media Customers can acces you can watch

It is a set top box which runs on cable (like virgin media, not sky)
It is known as one of the boxes which if used in a certain way will allow you to obtain virtually every channel on virgin media for free without subscribing.

But that is illegal and you'll get toldoff for discussing it here so leave that topic as it is and research that part yourself if you desire. I thought about it once but just stuck with my sky+ box.

amzmalhotra;6849511

It is a set top box which runs on cable (like virgin media, not sky)It is … It is a set top box which runs on cable (like virgin media, not sky)It is known as one of the boxes which if used in a certain way will allow you to obtain virtually every channel on virgin media for free without subscribing.But that is illegal and you'll get toldoff for discussing it here so leave that topic as it is and research that part yourself if you desire. I thought about it once but just stuck with my sky+ box.

No you wont get told off lol.

Join a cable forum and you can discuss this until the cows come home.

But what ever you do by a linux based box.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6849536

Join a cable forum and you can discuss this until the cows come home.But … Join a cable forum and you can discuss this until the cows come home.But what ever you do by a linux based box.

iTgate by any chance?

Original Poster

the reason for me asking is a phone call i got today by a shop selling "Chipped Sky Box". and then trying to do some research i thought it might be one of these things that he is trying to sell me for triple the market rate of these boxes.

Hence asked if this is legal, which definetely by the looks of it ISNT, but then again, i heard that Sky boxes cannot be chipped, so this means, that this EuroVox wont work on Sky channels, so what is that guy trying to sell??

and he for sure isnt a scam, cuz atleast that person has an address and a physical location one can trace

strike;6849540

iTgate by any chance?

Yes one of several.

capricornianz;6849581

the reason for me asking is a phone call i got today by a shop selling … the reason for me asking is a phone call i got today by a shop selling "Chipped Sky Box". and then trying to do some research i thought it might be one of these things that he is trying to sell me for triple the market rate of these boxes.Hence asked if this is legal, which definetely by the looks of it ISNT, but then again, i heard that Sky boxes cannot be chipped, so this means, that this EuroVox wont work on Sky channels, so what is that guy trying to sell??and he for sure isnt a scam, cuz atleast that person has an address and a physical location one can trace

Would think it was a generic satellite box with a subscription to a card sharing service. Google it you'll find lots of info.:thumbsup:

i have a latest starview box for sale if you want it...?

otherwise it will go on ebay..

and before you ask im not breaking the law selling them.. of course if you 'decide' to use them illegally its your own fault.. :whistling:

cw018666;6849735

i have a latest starview box for sale if you want it...?otherwise it will … i have a latest starview box for sale if you want it...?otherwise it will go on ebay..and before you ask im not breaking the law selling them.. of course if you 'decide' to use them illegally its your own fault.. :whistling:

wow, worst box ever

Original Poster

what all can i "illegally" watch on it?

just a heads up, if you use anything other than the supplied equipment on a Virgin Media connection to receive channels you aren't paying for, its a breach of the terms & conditions of your contract and they WILL prosecute you.

even more so if you're supplying the boxes.

my former boss was prosecuted by them when they took over Telewest/NTL for £40,000 fine, 300 hrs community service and 1year suspended sentence.

probs best to not talk openly on forums like this about stealing cable or satellite.
the rest of us have to pay for it, why shouldnt you?

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6849679

Would think it was a generic satellite box with a subscription to a card … Would think it was a generic satellite box with a subscription to a card sharing service. Google it you'll find lots of info.:thumbsup:

What e said! ^^^^^^ Add dreambox and linux to the search criteria.

i pay for my cable and TV ill have you know! i have been a loyal Cabletel/NTL/Virgin media customer since 1998.

strike;6849756

wow, worst box ever

Nothing wrong with a starview
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846090
    2. What an absolute disgrace2158
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764007
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??66

See more discussions