Anyone like the new App/ Update ?

Found 12th Jul 2017
Why try and fix something if it ain't broken . What was wrong with the last version ?
I've been using this for several days now and I completely hate it, mainly because of the lay out , there also seems to be a heckuva lot of Amazon deals now .. At least before it seemed more structured and easy to use, everything looked better . This new version is a mess . It doesn't even look like Hot UK Deals anymore . WHY ?
Community Updates
MiscApp
Top comments
No, it sucks, it's clunkier to navigate around, everything is just slower. Whoever designed this POS needs firing
Stop blaming the kids i asked my 7 year old and he he don't like it either.
The new website layout is awful.... I have a laptop with a full HD screen 1920 x 1080.

This new layout/design has made everything big and 'playmobil - clunky' its awful.

I hope no-one was paid money to do this! --- WORST DEAL EVER
Edited by: "Superman_turbo_pro_3000" 2nd Aug 2017
Superman_turbo_pro_300015 m ago

The new website layout is awful.... I have a laptop with a full HD screen …The new website layout is awful.... I have a laptop with a full HD screen 1920 x 1080.This new layout/design has made everything big and 'playmobil - clunky' its awful.I hope no-one was paid money to do this! --- WORST DEAL EVER

I also seem to have been automatically migrated to the Senior Citizen font version with super-large text. Don't like to be negative - but this does look amateurish.
Edited by: "Saturn" 2nd Aug 2017
30 Comments
No, it sucks, it's clunkier to navigate around, everything is just slower. Whoever designed this POS needs firing
I am still on the old version!

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/115/597/c05.jpg
davewave6 h, 16 m ago

I am still on the old version![Image]

​Does your filtered words work? I'm on the version before the change and my notifications have gone to comments only.
New version is Android only and everything takes many more clicks than before. Navigation is hopeless.
Anything that takes more clicks is a backwards step.

I preferred the old.
The new version is the worst thing that's ever happened on planet Earth. And that includes the dinosaurs being killed off in the last ice age
Yup very clunky, unsure What the thought process was when designing this update but........

The new website layout is awful.... I have a laptop with a full HD screen 1920 x 1080.

This new layout/design has made everything big and 'playmobil - clunky' its awful.

I hope no-one was paid money to do this! --- WORST DEAL EVER
Edited by: "Superman_turbo_pro_3000" 2nd Aug 2017
Superman_turbo_pro_300015 m ago

The new website layout is awful.... I have a laptop with a full HD screen …The new website layout is awful.... I have a laptop with a full HD screen 1920 x 1080.This new layout/design has made everything big and 'playmobil - clunky' its awful.I hope no-one was paid money to do this! --- WORST DEAL EVER

I also seem to have been automatically migrated to the Senior Citizen font version with super-large text. Don't like to be negative - but this does look amateurish.
Edited by: "Saturn" 2nd Aug 2017
New desktop version sucks, if he app does too at least they are being consistent
Well to only real feature I use is the daily email roundup that when last month.
I registered a new new account to enable an email per deal posted. No that fails.

Its an omnishambles!

i guess the clue is in the update FAQ

Essentially the HotUKDeals has been taken over by Pepper and is migrating a standalone system to their preferred solution which of course is difficult to migrate all cleverness of the original site.
Its cheaper for them to maintain but they lose users, but I guess they'll take the hit on that one.
I had 9 10 good years but the recent updates have killed it for me.

Personally i dont want app or site updates, I'm old school and update emails!
get over it guys, we need to move on. we live in a world of technology where things move forward and move fast.
i love it.
stop being old fuddy duddies!!
mutley11 h, 10 m ago

get over it guys, we need to move on. we live in a world of technology …get over it guys, we need to move on. we live in a world of technology where things move forward and move fast.i love it.stop being old fuddy duddies!!

You are probably too young to remember when a mobile phone would need charging once a week ....

Just because something is new does not necessarily mean that it's automatically an improvement over the past.

I feel that this new HUKD website is worse than before...It looks shockingly basic, and more childish than elegant or user friendly.
Well this is all very horrible.

I know it's the school holidays but you didn't need to let the kids play with the web site.

It's so hard to use now that it's not worth the effort, time to go use one of the rivals.
Stop blaming the kids i asked my 7 year old and he he don't like it either.
I only come on for the competitions and can't work out how to get back to the list after I have entered?
I have to keep going back to the menu, pick
competitions, takes ages😫
Superman_turbo_pro_300026 m ago

You are probably too young to remember when a mobile phone would need …You are probably too young to remember when a mobile phone would need charging once a week .... Just because something is new does not necessarily mean that it's automatically an improvement over the past. I feel that this new HUKD website is worse than before...It looks shockingly basic, and more childish than elegant or user friendly.

it is not at all basic. there are so many new functionality added with this new release. i think the new layout is great and not at all childish. it is much more user friendly as it is a lot easier to do things on this new version. you just need to get used to it.

a website should never look elegant, that is what a dress should look like, a website should look funky and fresh!
I just keep hitting back on the browser cos i can't see any other way
1 new feature I found is when coming back to a page you was browsing, you get a blue line across the screen to show you the last comment you finished browsing that page....which is good feature....just need to get use to it.
Edited by: "Adam786123" 3rd Aug 2017
I can get used to the navigation but the look of it comes across as if the job of redesign has been given to a 10 year old with a rainbow of crayons to keep them occupied during the school holidays
i always try to get on board with site redesigns because i know things have to stay fresh and keep up to date but this new redesign is horrible.

what genius decided white on grey was a good idea to seperate out each of the deals ?
Mine has finally updated to the new version, apart from big grey gaps either side of the conversations I don't really see any difference?
Clunky, jerky is the word.

I get blisters trying to get to the bottom of a page. I give up
mxer45027 m ago

Clunky, jerky is the word.I get blisters trying to get to the bottom of a …Clunky, jerky is the word.I get blisters trying to get to the bottom of a page. I give up

I want page numbers back, whats wrong with page numbers.

The screen on my tablet is 22cm accross, left gray boarder is 1 cm and right boarder is 5 and a half, all it has in that gaping hole most of the time is a tiny floating box saying top of page, other then that theres a tiny box with the headers of the last 4 things I've posted on and a completely useless and rather random list of retailers logos.

Who ever did it certainly never went to art college or even looked at any if they did they would be aware of the art of composition, you never put the focus off centre unless you are deliberately trying to make the image flow to a point, theres no markers to flow to any point, just very strangely laid out boxes. To cap it off the avatar is on the left which is the same side we read from so our eyes are drawn to that side anyway, so the fact the whole site is off centre pushed to the left with a 5 and a half cm of mostly unused space makes its even more obviously lopsided, which is annoying due to it being unnatural, points of interest are meant to be central to our vision field.

I feel that this site was created in a very short space of time by someone with a "how to make websites" template they've been using for a couple of weeks in an online free web dev course.
It's absolutely horrendous.
hottoast14th Jul

Anything that takes more clicks is a backwards step. I preferred the old …Anything that takes more clicks is a backwards step. I preferred the old <I see what you did here>.

^
Update: now it is settled down I am ok with the updates.

I wouldn't say it is better, but it is no worse than the old version.
I believe this website and app are a prime example of Hutber's Law, saying that, a high number of things in mdern life follow this Law!
Just found this chat, and wanted to voice my hatred of new website, my son also uses Occasionally and dislikes it, general census is not good on my opinion. Would love to know why? Agree with all negative comments regarding site x
spanglish0312 h, 38 m ago

...my son also uses Occasionally and dislikes it, general census is not …...my son also uses Occasionally and dislikes it, general census is not good on my opinion. Would love to know why?...

Have you tried asking your son?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants