**** Anyone lost a mega expensive professional camcorder?*****

Banned 48 replies
Found 12th Feb 2009
On my way to work earlier today, I was rather shocked to see a rather expensive Canon professional Camcorder, just left all on its own without an owner in sight.

After waiting for 15 minutes to make sure no one unauthorised took it, I realised that no one seemed to want to claim it. Feeling it might go walkies, I thought it best to ensure its safety by taking it with me.

Someone suggested I should use if for a short while, maybe make a short movie or even a modelling shoot.

What do you think?

48 Comments

Original Poster Banned

This is the camera concerned (in before the post pics or you're lying brigade. Probably £10 to £20 grands worth.

http://geteven.biz/hukd/camera.jpg

i think you should seek international fame with a paris hilton style home vid

Why was it on the window-ledge, its not ticking is it.

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;4358480

i think you should seek international fame with a paris hilton style home … i think you should seek international fame with a paris hilton style home vid

I have international fame already.. but I like your thinking. :thumbsup:

I think you should lend it to BG1 for saturday night!:w00t:

Original Poster Banned

michelleleemoo;4358495

Beats me. Ive got no idea why it was abandoned there. (PS - there was no turkey either):w00t:

michelleleemoo;4358495

your confusing a camera with a clock?........ I wouldnt confess to being a rocket scientist but even I know thats there certain differences between the two :roll:

Original Poster Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4358505

I think you should lend it to BG1 for saturday night!:w00t:

What on Earth would he need it for? Film himself posting on a forum? Sounds like a non starter. Epic Fail.

what was it pointing at? and was it recording?

any previous tapes in there?

BRB..................I'll go and check if I have still got my mega expensive camera.

MinstrelMan;4358525

your confusing a camera with a clock?........ I wouldnt confess to being … your confusing a camera with a clock?........ I wouldnt confess to being a rocket scientist but even I know thats there certain differences between the two :roll:

ha ha :-D

how high up is that ledge? would be funny if it was secretly recording something!

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;4358525

your confusing a camera with a clock?........ I wouldnt confess to being … your confusing a camera with a clock?........ I wouldnt confess to being a rocket scientist but even I know thats there certain differences between the two :roll:

Leave the ]rocket science to me son.

guv;4358518

Beats me. Ive got no idea why it was abandoned there. (PS - there was no … Beats me. Ive got no idea why it was abandoned there. (PS - there was no turkey either):w00t:

Ha Ha HA :-D :-D

Hand it in to the police and let them find the owner? Or keep it... :P Ebay it? God knows.

What did the sign say? Please do not touch? Please keep off?

was it filming?

check the footage, if you cant find the owner i will offer £30 delivered if you post first

Eek. We used to have a very similar model at my college. I wonder if some students have taken it out, and then just put it down, lit up a spliff, and forgot all about it. It's easy done if it's not something you normally carry, as my mate Tony found with his laptop one time when we nipped to the park between classes. Oops.

Original Poster Banned

catinthehat;4358559

how high up is that ledge? would be funny if it was secretly recording … how high up is that ledge? would be funny if it was secretly recording something!

Na it was switched off..... however it had some very revealing content on it once I started playing it back.

The JFK;4358536

BRB..................I'll go and check if I have still got my mega … BRB..................I'll go and check if I have still got my mega expensive camera.

Oh please please say it was yours!!! :w00t: (See above^^^^^^^)

what content?

explain all please

Its my cousins workmate. She works for financial times.

guv;4358592

Oh please please say it was yours!!! :w00t: (See above^^^^^^^)

could you imagine if it was JFK's? :lol:

a 14 minute clip of a spooty teenager creating a animated stickman flip book :whistling:

MinstrelMan;4358620

could you imagine if it was JFK's? :lol:a 14 minute clip of a spooty … could you imagine if it was JFK's? :lol:a 14 minute clip of a spooty teenager creating a animated stickman flip book :whistling:

No, cant be his, it doesnt look like this ]http//ww…jpg :-D

:giggle: What did the sign on the window say? "Please...."

Original Poster Banned

MinstrelMan;4358531

any previous tapes in there?

I need to check. There are zipper pockets on the bag, but haven't looked yet. (I'm at work at the mo)

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4358573

What did the sign say? Please do not touch? Please keep off?

It said "wet paint" believe it or not. Probably unrelated unless it was being used to film paint drying. (Then again 60,000 people every other week go to the emirates stadium and see something as exciting!)

dxx;4358579

Eek. We used to have a very similar model at my college. I wonder if some … Eek. We used to have a very similar model at my college. I wonder if some students have taken it out, and then just put it down, lit up a spliff, and forgot all about it. It's easy done if it's not something you normally carry, as my mate Tony found with his laptop one time when we nipped to the park between classes. Oops.

Agreed. It weighs a ton. Can't see that someone just "forgot about it".

michelleleemoo;4358658

No, it doesnt look like this ]http://www.wileywiggins.com/310_f.jpg :-D

Holy Hell! JFK looks like the real life version of Dora the Explora! :lol:

michelle I love you! you've brought a tear to my eye, without using your teeth! :thumbsup:

Those windows look plastic, where's the wet paint?

Original Poster Banned

Cluffy321;4358612

what content?explain all please

MinstrelMan;4358620

could you imagine if it was JFK's? :lol:a 14 minute clip of a spooty … could you imagine if it was JFK's? :lol:a 14 minute clip of a spooty teenager creating a animated stickman flip book :whistling:

If only it was just that damaging!

strike;4358614

Its my cousins workmate. She works for financial times.

So. I know someone who models for Men like Boobs magazine. Next............

MinstrelMan;4358672

Holy Hell! JFK looks like the real life version of Dora the Explora! … Holy Hell! JFK looks like the real life version of Dora the Explora! :lol:michelle I love you! you've brought a tear to my eye, without using your teeth! :thumbsup:

:oops:

You will probably find it was a Police/Crimewatch set up to see if someone would take the camera while they were secretly filming it and you will be the main feature on the next episode :w00t: you tealeaf ;D

Original Poster Banned

ChipSticks;4358694

Those windows look plastic, where's the wet paint?

Good point. It just said please take care - wet paint. Maybe it was a decoy?

guv;4358707

If only it was just that damaging!So. I know someone who models for Men … If only it was just that damaging!So. I know someone who models for Men like Boobs magazine. Next............

It is hers. Shall i pm you her contact number to verify details.

I have decided you are quite full of s**t...... lol

On your way to work, you spot a camera, high up on a window ledge?

You have a picture of the camera, from inside the building?

Signs warning of wet paint don't usually start with PLEASE anything....

hmmmmm

Maybe it was stolen and dumped by the theives to pick up later when there were less people around........

If you seriously found the camera (and its not a BG1 spoof) , to be on the safe side, I'd had it in to the police. If nobody claims it you get to keep it legally. If someone does claim it, you might get a reward.

Original Poster Banned

strike;4358729

It is hers. Shall i pm you her contact number to verify details.

Sure. Is she a sort?

ChipSticks;4358736

I have decided you are quite full of s**t...... lolOn your way to work, … I have decided you are quite full of s**t...... lolOn your way to work, you spot a camera, high up on a window ledge?You have a picture of the camera, from inside the building?Signs warning of wet paint don't usually start with PLEASE anything....hmmmmm

I'm offended. See post 32.

guv;4358752

Sure. Is she a sort?I'm offended. See post 32.

I saw.... i still think you have brown eyes.... lol

:-D

Original Poster Banned

ChipSticks;4358776

I saw.... i still think you have brown eyes.... lol

I do. Most donkeys do also!

Wow, this has turned into ANOTHER JFK thread.

And nah, it's cool, my MEGA expensive camcorder is still in my room.

The JFK;4358811

Wow, this has turned into ANOTHER JFK thread.And nah, it's cool, my MEGA … Wow, this has turned into ANOTHER JFK thread.And nah, it's cool, my MEGA expensive camcorder is still in my room.

still waiting to get a girl to come up there?

What about using it for a "professional" photo shoot in Italy for Romanian FHM. I know a guy with big guns, big wallet and even bigger ego.........I'll ask his driver to call round to his penthouse and drop him off in his merc. Could be the start of a "fruitful" relationship.

(Be warned though, if he offers to take you out for a meal he'll expect something in return :whistling: )
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183
    2. £2.00 Cash Back fron Topcashback on Pumpkins via the app12
    3. Marmite1722
    4. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2382

See more discussions