Anyone made a mobile or gadget insurance claim with Barclays or Lloyds TSB current account plus?

Found 4th Dec 2011
I have recently opened a current account plus, solely for these reasons so I just want to know how reliable they are?

Thanks
Community Updates
22 Comments
No not yet, but i will be on my iphone 4 when the iphone 5 comes out

Edited by: "simplex" 4th Dec 2011
simplex

No not yet, but i will be on my iphone 4 when the iphone 5 comes out

haha! not very helpful but thanks
I imagine they are with Lifestyle group and found them pretty crap!

£100 excess on iphones.
£50 on other phones.

Couldn't replace my iphone when i lost it and offered a pittance after excess!
Edited by: "amfan" 4th Dec 2011
they are very inreliable, i lost my phone in germany and i had to wait nearly two months to get my claim sorted and when they were unable to give me a handset they wanted me to buy a second hand phone, and gave me nearly half the price of the phone, i had to complain to barclays to get my issue sorted but still they paid me not enough to buy a new phone
It is lifestyle group like Lloyds TSB I believe although the excess is £25 and £50 for the second claim

I know my mate claimed for his iPhone 4 via Lloyds that was stolen and he paid £100 excess and they paid him £450 for a then £510 phone

The bank guy that I spoke to when opening the account was saying how good it was and that they give prices according to the amazon marketplace
I have a Barclays account and recently my mobile crashed. I made a claim on the unreliable LifeStyle website and received a form through the post a few days later. Completed form, which included £25 excess and posted that with phone. Within a week mobile was fixed and returned.

I say unreliable LifeStyle website because at the time I made the claim, I didn't have printer to print off form. Website gave no option of revisiting form and printing pending claims. Had to ring them up and ask them to email claim form instead.
james_lfc

It is lifestyle group like Lloyds TSB I believe although the excess is … It is lifestyle group like Lloyds TSB I believe although the excess is £25 and £50 for the second claim I know my mate claimed for his iPhone 4 via Lloyds that was stolen and he paid £100 excess and they paid him £450 for a then £510 phoneThe bank guy that I spoke to when opening the account was saying how good it was and that they give prices according to the amazon marketplace

Shocking!
Hope you kept your receipt.....
They were terrible, broke my iPhone and they sent me 5 scratched or water damaged phones back. Think I had a thread quite a while ago.

Search for lsg reviews and i think they have 1/5 stars. Also make sure you report it within 24 hours or the claim is void

hotukdeals.com/mis…353
Edited by: "golemsmate" 22nd Mar 2012
Just invested a shed loada money in an I-Phone 4 and "New" I-Pad - was going to go with Barclays insurance but now thinking again. Anyone got any recommendations?
james_lfc

It is lifestyle group like Lloyds TSB I believe although the excess is … It is lifestyle group like Lloyds TSB I believe although the excess is £25 and £50 for the second claim I know my mate claimed for his iPhone 4 via Lloyds that was stolen and he paid £100 excess and they paid him £450 for a then £510 phoneThe bank guy that I spoke to when opening the account was saying how good it was and that they give prices according to the amazon marketplace

Yeah used to be around that until they changed the excess last year.
It's now £50 for every phone except apple iPhones which are £100. Seem like a bunch of cowboys to be honest.
POSHSCOUSE

Just invested a shed loada money in an I-Phone 4 and "New" I-Pad - was … Just invested a shed loada money in an I-Phone 4 and "New" I-Pad - was going to go with Barclays insurance but now thinking again. Anyone got any recommendations?

All insurance companies are same to be honest, they will do anything to avoid paying you out.
Get a price for adding "valuables away from home" onto your contents insurance, works out much cheaper.
Don't bother they are crap, my iPhone 4S was stolen, was replaced within about 8 days by same model but black and refurbished, not a new handset. Had it 2 hours, set it up and already faulty, overheats, can't even send a text without temperature warning. And screen dim, back light only comes on intermittently. Gutted. Called Lifestyle they didn't seem to care, and said i should have read the fine print re second hand replacements. So i am returning this one for a replacement which again could be a refurb handset. Very disappointing. Feel like just going and buying a new one for £400 to save the hassle
Oh great I'm going through a claim now due to my clumsy daughter dropping both iPad and iPhone :-((( they said nothing about 2 nd hand phone but they told me £50 excess for iPad and also iPhone I won't be paying a penny more !
I'm on my 4th time they've sent my iPad back apparently repaired more like a bodge job screen is fixed but silicon all around the out side of the screen an the screen doesn't sit right shame I can't post a pic 4 u all terrible job
Thanks for reminding me of this thread.
I lost my HTC One m7 just over a year ago. they sent me out a new device around a week and a half later so no problems here. excess was £50 which for a loss isn't too bad but wouldn't be happy if it was just a broken screen.
I actually found my phone after I had successfully claimed for it, so I sent the replacement back. BUT they refused to return my excess £100, or even part of it. So my honesty has left me out of pocket - unbelievable

Hi Guys ,
Got my replacement today but the handset absolutely rubbish,it's refurbished and D grade as well.
NOT RECOMMENDED!!!
I have reported my phone lost and i have given every peice of information to barclays but still its not been resolved,
Everytime i ring i am told its with the highter assesment team.
Its been 3 weeks but i still have to wait.
On top its a misleading company, as i recieved a email saying it will be resolved in 24hours but it has not.
LSG are an absolutely shocking cowboy outfit. Sent me 3 faulty phones then offered a different phone that was not equivalent. I sent back the last faulty one which they received 2 weeks ago but they still can't confirm that they have it and won't pay out or replace. Had to go out and buy a new phone. Avoid!!!!!!!!
you are covered 100% until you make a claim then you are not covered at all but you must always pay the premium
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants