Anyone make hampers

Found 17th Sep 2010
Want to make some hampers for christmas and birthday presents
Anyone know a good place to buy baskets? had a look around found some nice ones but shipping was just under £10
Any tips on nice things to put in them?

1. Misc
  2. Hamper
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Hamper
7 Comments

I bought a job lot of shallow wicker baskets on ebay ages ago and still have about 2 left in the kitchen. I also bought a job lot of the clear plastic that florists use (and they use in shops for gifts etc) is it called velum? I bought some with silver handwriting on, and some with white spots- looked like a snow effect, and then I buy the bows off ebay, but I make sure they are big bows, I once bought a tiny one without reading the size.. lol

I'll be nosing at chalkysoil's link as I want to get some new ones, everyone will be getting hampers this year, hopefully will save me some money!!

Wilkinsons, home bargains etc sell them cheaply

geegee-pinata

Wilkinsons, home bargains etc sell them cheaply

and they are really nice too!

You will save a lot by doing it yourself as sometimes these hampers have got stuff in them you would just give away!

I made a hamper last year using a wooden fruit crate from the greengrocers, the kind the apples and bananas come in - they were free. I covered it in some festive paper, laid some shredded tissue paper inside, tied a big bow around it using the wired festive ribbon and it looked lovely. There was plenty of space for a christmas cake and lots of other goodies. It was loved by the recipients and I'm doing it again this year.
Edited by: "bobbins1" 17th Sep 2010

Original Poster

Thanks for the idea s everyone sounds a great idea using the fruit cakes bobbins will have to hunt some down
Yeah bb though if i did them myself i could really personalise them so they really suit the person

got a great one in Home Bargains last year about £2.00 and then shredded tissue paper to 'prop up' my stuff then used the clear plastic from some flowers i had delivered to cover it
Post a comment
@
    Text