Groups

Anyone no if this ipod can be fixed?

Hello,

Ive got a 1st generation blank nano ipod, 3 months into its life the screen devolped a fault, i stupidly never took it back under warranty,

anyways there is a line running through the screen, its slap bang in the middle and takes up 1/5th of the screen.

Anyone else encountered this problem and managed to get it repaired? at a fair enough price may i add.

Ive been using it since the ipod itself is fine its just a little annoying.

Any ideas what i should do with it?

3 Comments

What colour is the line?

Original Poster

its weird, when i power on the ipod its the same colour as the back light, and all the words get scrambled. if i try and view a picture itll scramble the colours which should be there, i would take a pic but cant until my camera gets delivered,
    my first ipod broke as it was in my pocket and i must of squashed it liting stuff at work, but second time round i was so careful with it but it still broke after 3 months

rockatin

Hello,Ive got a 1st generation blank nano ipod, 3 months into its life … Hello,Ive got a 1st generation blank nano ipod, 3 months into its life the screen devolped a fault, i stupidly never took it back under warranty,anyways there is a line running through the screen, its slap bang in the middle and takes up 1/5th of the screen.Anyone else encountered this problem and managed to get it repaired? at a fair enough price may i add.Ive been using it since the ipod itself is fine its just a little annoying.Any ideas what i should do with it?

Mate had this problem (or at least sounds similar). He was told to restore the factory settings - think there is a click button on ipod mainscreen and may help

Didnt actually work for him so essentially ipod being used in car - upgraded to new one.

Hope first suggestion may do trick though and save you a few quid if you not tried already!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4882397
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214171
      3. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!67
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764705

See more discussions