Anyone on here use a digital bank like Monzo as their main bank/get salary paid into it?

Found 12th Aug 2017
I'm thinking of trying Monzo or Monese (More likely monzo because of FCA/PRA) as my main bank and getting salary paid into it.

Anyone on here do this?
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I've started shifting all of my banking over to Starling Bank. I

do like the fact that, despite me being with my current bank (Co-Op) for over 20 years, this new bank is absolutely on the ball and instant when money is spent, sent, or moved. Yet with my current bank, I have to log in and browse to see if any thing has happened.

A lot of the so called, established banks, could learn a thing or 2 from up and coming online banks.

Their customer service always seems to answer within 15 minutes, to any question I have asked.

I can pay most bills etc using the app, however when trying to pay my local Council House rent online, it says "your provider does not support 3D Secure. I queried this, and despite the answer being, no they don't currently support it, they will in the near future.

They support Apple Pay on IOS, and will be supporting it on Android very soon.
They also have a good Community Forum.

All in all, I would recommend Starling.

I also have Monzo, but find Starling was better overall.
Edited by: "artnada" 12th Aug 2017
Several large banks are likely to create spinoff tech banks...just like first direct did for HSBC online banking.
Original Poster
artnada34 m ago

I've started shifting all of my banking over to Starling Bank. I do like …I've started shifting all of my banking over to Starling Bank. I do like the fact that, despite me being with my current bank (Co-Op) for over 20 years, this new bank is absolutely on the ball and instant when money is spent, sent, or moved. Yet with my current bank, I have to log in and browse to see if any thing has happened. A lot of the so called, established banks, could learn a thing or 2 from up and coming online banks.Their customer service always seems to answer within 15 minutes, to any question I have asked. I can pay most bills etc using the app, however when trying to pay my local Council House rent online, it says "your provider does not support 3D Secure. I queried this, and despite the answer being, no they don't currently support it, they will in the near future.They support Apple Pay on IOS, and will be supporting it on Android very soon.They also have a good Community Forum.All in all, I would recommend Starling. I also have Monzo, but find Starling was better overall.

Starling bank looks good, hardly has any ratings though on the app store compared to monzo/monese. Monese has very high ratings but isn't FCSC approved which puts me off. Starling ticks all the boxes and has apple pay. Have you had your wages paid into it?
I'm with both Starling and Monzo, Starling is a fully fledged current account and features the most common account features, Direct Debits, Faster Payments, etc. Monzo currently is just a pre-payment card but has just started rolling out their Current Account slowly but at launch it appears to be not a feature rich as Starling.
If you want to make a full switch go for Starling, otherwise I'd wait and see how Monzo progresses.
KM43535 h, 40 m ago

Starling bank looks good, hardly has any ratings though on the app store …Starling bank looks good, hardly has any ratings though on the app store compared to monzo/monese. Monese has very high ratings but isn't FCSC approved which puts me off. Starling ticks all the boxes and has apple pay. Have you had your wages paid into it?

I'm self employed so I pay in cash. You get a proper sort code and account number, so there is no reason why you couldn't get your wages paid in.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants