Found 8th Apr 2009
hi all, looking to join o2 and know someone who can get freinds and family discount, does anyone know of any 'special' deals knocking about ?

by special i mean something which you have to push to get, if you dont prefer to post in public please let me know in pm.

ta!

1. Misc
  2. O2
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. O2
25 Comments

Banned

There wont be anything over and above what you can see. Just buy whatever and get the Open discount applied.

Original Poster

cool, ok thanks, just thought there might be a retention style pulling power somewhere!

Banned

kronas;4868379

cool, ok thanks, just thought there might be a retention style pulling … cool, ok thanks, just thought there might be a retention style pulling power somewhere!

You wont get both applied. I tried that one on! (ie I got given a 40% discount and once I had the phone, they declined my request to get the open discount at 30% applied on top.)

A shame - but worth a try!

Banned

check quidco for cashbacks

If you use the freinds and family discount you can't then have any other discount on top, internal CS won't let you.

Original Poster

casparwhite;4868452

check quidco for cashbacks

can you do that if you want to apply the 30% freinds and family online ?

Original Poster

guv;4868443

You wont get both applied. I tried that one on! (ie I got given a 40% … You wont get both applied. I tried that one on! (ie I got given a 40% discount and once I had the phone, they declined my request to get the open discount at 30% applied on top.)A shame - but worth a try!

how can you get 40% ?

Banned

kronas;4871428

how can you get 40% ?

Its the max they give - a loyalty one. Not quite sure they offered it to me - My bill was the same each month on a £35pm contract (less the 30%)

I guess Im a good negotiator and said the right things!:w00t:

As I said though, I sent the new phone back when they wouldnt apply both discounts! Mind you, the deal Ive got now on my iPhone would make EVERYONE here weep.

Original Poster

guv;4871466

Its the max they give - a loyalty one. Not quite sure they offered it to … Its the max they give - a loyalty one. Not quite sure they offered it to me - My bill was the same each month on a £35pm contract (less the 30%)I guess Im a good negotiator and said the right things!:w00t:As I said though, I sent the new phone back when they wouldnt apply both discounts! Mind you, the deal Ive got now on my iPhone would make EVERYONE here weep.

ok its good to know, i guess IF i get it through my mate next week ill just have to work out whats best!

o2 priority exists still!

Banned

kronas;4871504

ok its good to know, i guess IF i get it through my mate next week ill … ok its good to know, i guess IF i get it through my mate next week ill just have to work out whats best!o2 priority exists still!

Dunno what "Priority" is? Did you mean "Affinity"? (Thats another name for the O2 Open 30% discount,)

Banned

how you get this discount, i take it its more than fluttering your eyes

Banned

sassie;4871581

how you get this discount, i take it its more than fluttering your eyes

It's not what you know - its who you know!:thumbsup:

I get mine via my employer. (Who holds one of their largest contracts.) Good thing - I get 5 or 6 per year to use! Couple of people on here are using them!!

Banned

guv;4871610

It's not what you know - its who you know!:thumbsup:I get mine via my … It's not what you know - its who you know!:thumbsup:I get mine via my employer. (Who holds one of their largest contracts.) Good thing - I get 5 or 6 per year to use! Couple of people on here are using them!!

oh ok, thanks for that, thought de missed out on something and just got daughters new contract today, would have been peed had i missed the deal of the century - lol

Banned

sassie;4871624

oh ok, thanks for that, thought de missed out on something and just got … oh ok, thanks for that, thought de missed out on something and just got daughters new contract today, would have been peed had i missed the deal of the century - lol

On O2? What was it?

Original Poster

guv;4871561

Dunno what "Priority" is? Did you mean "Affinity"? (Thats another name … Dunno what "Priority" is? Did you mean "Affinity"? (Thats another name for the O2 Open 30% discount,)

i saw it in a mates text message it basically says he is in the 'gold' priority band, it might be some sort of internal loyality system based on how long you have been with them, usage etc!

Banned

guv;4871643

On O2? What was it?

no t-mobile again

Banned

kronas;4871664

i saw it in a mates text message it basically says he is in the 'gold' … i saw it in a mates text message it basically says he is in the 'gold' priority band, it might be some sort of internal loyality system based on how long you have been with them, usage etc!

Not a staff thing then? As i said (well what they told me anyway!) 40% is their maximum discount they offer (which IS a loyalty thing)

Banned

sassie;4871674

no t-mobile again

Ah OK. Cant help you with that one!

Banned

guv;4871681

Ah OK. Cant help you with that one!

well itsa the best i could do for her with the phone she wanted, i have been scouring shops and the net for a while

Original Poster

guv;4871678

Not a staff thing then? As i said (well what they told me anyway!) 40% is … Not a staff thing then? As i said (well what they told me anyway!) 40% is their maximum discount they offer (which IS a loyalty thing)

hes the only one i have seen the message with, a number of people i know are on o2 or have staff related discount its proberbly how they work out future discounts and tarrifs to offer you, retentions etc!

I'm paying £14 a month for 800 mins mins, 1200 texts and unlimited Internet for the simplicity due to my friend working for them.

MarzBarz;4871711

I'm paying £14 a month for 800 mins mins, 1200 texts and unlimited … I'm paying £14 a month for 800 mins mins, 1200 texts and unlimited Internet for the simplicity due to my friend working for them.

you do know that same deal now is £10 via quidco.

Banned

MarzBarz;4871711

I'm paying £14 a month for 800 mins mins, 1200 texts and unlimited … I'm paying £14 a month for 800 mins mins, 1200 texts and unlimited Internet for the simplicity due to my friend working for them.

Should be £13.60 ?? (or there abouts!)

sarbjeet_;4871744

Doubt it.... I'm all ears....:thumbsup:

Banned

sarbjeet_;4871744

I dont think so

Yeh just rounded it up lol. Nah that quidco was wrong wasn't it?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604822
    2. Add one, leave one game54415451
    3. word association Game74244928
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428114654

See more discussions