Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone on the Vodafone sim only 30 day contract - Questions from me

I have taken a monthly sim only contract (£15, 150mins 1000txts), just waiting for the sim to arrive.

does anyone know if i send an MMS does this get taken out of the text allowance like O2 does?

how soon does the balance information get updated?

how easy is it to get the PAC code if you want to leave?

12 Comments

I'm on the virgin sim only contract and an MMS gets charged seperately

Original Poster

cassieismydoggie;3487079

I'm on the virgin sim only contract and an MMS gets charged seperately

thanks for the info on Virgin cassieismydoggie, i am actually interested in Vodafone

Yeah, i know - but was just letting you know what Virgin does coz they all offer similar service. Does it not say on their website?

Unfortunately not , I am constantly asking my wife not to send picture messages as these are 35p +vat if i remember rightly. She is on the same Sim only Tariff. Text 44555 to get a balance that is 72 hours old or register online and the account is fairly up to date. :thumbsup:

Didnt leave them just closed an account and opened a new one to double the amount of texts to 1000. They closed the account no worries after i had given the 30 day notice.

As above, Vodafone don't have any inclusive MMS system at all annoyingly.

John

Original Poster

cassieismydoggie;3487146

Yeah, i know - but was just letting you know what Virgin does coz they … Yeah, i know - but was just letting you know what Virgin does coz they all offer similar service. Does it not say on their website?

i was with virgin on payg, but their signal is not very good for me.

Original Poster

Dougb1;3488096

Unfortunately not , I am constantly asking my wife not to send picture … Unfortunately not , I am constantly asking my wife not to send picture messages as these are 35p +vat if i remember rightly. She is on the same Sim only Tariff. Text 44555 to get a balance that is 72 hours old or register online and the account is fairly up to date. :thumbsup:Didnt leave them just closed an account and opened a new one to double the amount of texts to 1000. They closed the account no worries after i had given the 30 day notice.

Johnmcl7;3488758

As above, Vodafone don't have any inclusive MMS system at all … As above, Vodafone don't have any inclusive MMS system at all annoyingly.John

thanks guys

With regards to balance information it's around 72 hours (three days) out of date.

I've not had any problems getting my PAC from Vodafone although I know other people have had trouble, I just phoned up 191 and went through to the retentions department and asked for the PAC. They asked why and attempted to offer a deal then eventually sent out the PAC which arrived around five days later by post.

John

Original Poster

cheers john.

Original Poster

so what are the numbers that i need to keep in mind?

44555 and what else?

all i received was a sim card and a receipt.

Johnmcl7;3488758

As above, Vodafone don't have any inclusive MMS system at all … As above, Vodafone don't have any inclusive MMS system at all annoyingly.John

Does this also apply to their standard 12/18/24 months contract as well?

Editor

Closed as requested - thanks for reporting

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
    2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78
    3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers34
    4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?77

See more discussions