Groups

Anyone order from Amazon Warehouse with the 20% discount? How was it?

Anyone order from Amazon Warehouse with the 20% discount? How was it?

I picked up a number of items...

Ordered a lovely X99X Fatality M/B and 5820k

Motherboard arrived with bent pins, so I managed to cancel the CPU before it was dispatched, shame as it seemed like a lovely weighty motherboard, should have kept the CPU as it was a good price.

Ordered a Case (Like new) that came with loads of scratched on the side window panel.

Ordered Maximus VIII Ranger Motherboard but 2 of the memory ports are faulty and it seems to have a timing issue (could be a bad battery but..)

Ordered some Memory which seems fine (Hurray) but has had the serial numbers removed.

Ordered a couple of Water Cooling systems (h115i and Nepton) both look fine but will test later

Also ordered a GTX 1080 (not yet arrived) and an EVGA 1070 SC (which has been shipped from Germany)

I've said in the past I wouldn't order Motherboards but they were really good prices, throught I'd give them a try. Hopefully better luck with the GPU's as I also got an EVGA 1080ti FE on Warehouse that I passed on already (because I had an order for the FTW3 but cancelled that and ordered on OC Strix for my main setup).

17 Comments

Ordered several books. Two look brand new. One bizarrely is ex-Dudley library and the final one is obviously a charity shop find - well read, with 50p and someone's name scrawled inside.

Ordered two DVDs, which was described as having marks on disc. Disc was fine, interior of case had light residue akin to the X-files black oil (!) and also had signs of previous store ownership, eg rental shop price labels. The other DVD was a Korean knock off.

The one upside.They were all very cheap - 50p to £1.20 and I went for no-rush delivery for most thereby earning £1 of Kindle credit. But surprised at Amazon trying to pass them off as ex-warehouse frankly - as car boot sale rejects is probably a truer description for most.

Edited by: "greencat" 14th Jul

I bought a watch like new and it was new really apart from a tiny mark. Was £20 new but i paid £8 on the sale, like new.
    Also bought cilit bang 3 pack, like new and i think they all were new.
    Wish i ordered a few more things but had no clue what to buy

what is amazon warehouse?

I ordered a Tommy tippee prep machine, described as used -good.

The box had been opened, and resealed, but the actual product I think was new. All the sticky labels we in tact. Three parts were all in sealed bags.

Nice haul! I had my eye on a few of the GPUs (from France) but had to choose between one of those and a camera... I plumped for the camera.

Described as "Like New, Damaged Box" and that's exactly how it arrived; not a spec of dust or a fingerprint on it, all the accessories still in their sealed plastic wrappers. Haven't yet checked the shutter count yet, but it powers on and seems fully operational.

My first purchase from the Warehouse, but will definitely be keeping a eye on it more in the future.

Would like to hear what condition your GPUs arrive in.

Original Poster

The EVGA 1080ti FE was perfect (thought maybe a noisy fan but ran fast and quiet)... hoping for the same for the other two

I did order an Gigabyte 1060 in the past which had obviously been refurbished by Gigabyte as came with new seals, brown GB box (hoping that is the same with the 1070 SC)
    Edited by: "SavageDonkey" 14th Jul

Original Poster

Aaronnnn

what is amazon warehouse?

Things people have returned or sometimes just new damaged boxes (I got a PSVR this way once).

You can get a bargain or garbage, however you can return within 30 days if you get garbage. When Amazon do 20% off these, the bargains can be amazing!

Got a Sedatech i7,1tb hardrive,8gm ram with win 8.1 pro desktop for less than 250 quid after saying it should have been classed as acceptable rather than good. Works a treat but Amazon are suckers for a sob story and as they treat their workers like slaves I don't feel guilty in the slightest. If it was the Macmillan Trust shop then a different story and I would shut up and put up.
    Nearly new BT power line adapters for £18.
    A nearly new GTX 1070 for £275 back in march.
    A nearly new Mini wireless keayboard and mouse for under 7 pounds.
    And quite a lot more besides but can't remember at the moment.

Anyone know what happened to the Koiiko haedphone deals as they kept getting spammed? I ordered one and it says shipping today so let's hope.

earlier in the year ordered a ps4 that had been refurbed and was like new
    console fine
    faulty controller
    had to return the lot
    one failed collection and visits to 5 diff locations before managing to return items

Ordered a 4tb seagate external hard drive, couldn't get it to work so now getting a refund

New iPad case for £2.26 and it was brand new, the packaging was just battered.
    Hand blender for £31 down from about £55 new - box was tatty again
    4k camera for my bike at £28 instead of £60ish - again just tatty packaging

Had a pair of bone conduction headphones that turned up and were utter rubbish though so it's all swings and roundabouts

SavageDonkey

Things people have returned or sometimes just new damaged boxes (I got a … Things people have returned or sometimes just new damaged boxes (I got a PSVR this way once).You can get a bargain or garbage, however you can return within 30 days if you get garbage. When Amazon do 20% off these, the bargains can be amazing!

oh wow, when is the next one?

Tool box, Like New, £6. Nothing wrong with it, it was obviously a return. I can tell because it contained a load of other returned items (a smaller tool box, valves, cable ties, 2x padlocks with keys and a couple of other random bits) that no-one had removed. So I got a lot more than I bargained for!

Apart from that a few Like New toys for the kids. You can't give them as presents to other people because of the damaged boxes and it looks bad, but for your own kids you can get a bargain.

greencat

Ordered several books. Two look brand new. One bizarrely is ex-Dudley … Ordered several books. Two look brand new. One bizarrely is ex-Dudley library and the final one is obviously a charity shop find - well read, with 50p and someone's name scrawled inside. Ordered two DVDs, which was described as having marks on disc. Disc was fine, interior of case had light residue akin to the X-files black oil (!) and also had signs of previous store ownership, eg rental shop price labels. The other DVD was a Korean knock off. The one upside.They were all very cheap - 50p to £1.20 and I went for no-rush delivery for most thereby earning £1 of Kindle credit. But surprised at Amazon trying to pass them off as ex-warehouse frankly - as car boot sale rejects is probably a truer description for most.

You sure they were from Amazon warehouse and not from an Amazon marketplace seller? I have had countless things from the Amazon warehouse and all have been exactly as described or near mint.

MIDURIX

You sure they were from Amazon warehouse and not from an Amazon … You sure they were from Amazon warehouse and not from an Amazon marketplace seller? I have had countless things from the Amazon warehouse and all have been exactly as described or near mint.

Definitely warehouse - I even got the 20% off and they have warehouse stickers on them. It did make me wonder if their FBA returns were now being included, because they have some real oddities in their warehouse eg books published in 1986.
    This book, for example, was published in 1994.I seriously doubt they sought it out to add to their inventory or had it languishing in the warehouse for that long.
    amazon.co.uk/Nig…-16

Edited by: "greencat" 14th Jul

Managed to get a xbox one forza limited edition console for around £135 after discount

then further £55 refund because digital code missing.

Box was taped up but wasnt bothered about that just missing the game code. Everything else was brand new

All in all cost me £80

ordered few like Decowall DSH-W32BS Silent Quite Non Ticking for £9.33 which sells for around 28, table cloth for £5 which sells for £23, some anker powercore for £19 which sells for £29, iphone 7 case for £1 which sells new for £12. happy. all just like new.

Edited by: "jackie_chan" 15th Jul
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What laptop to choose?11
      2. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      3. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      4. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510

See more discussions