Anyone ordered from Alza.co.uk before?

Found 18th Dec 2017
Looking to purchase an i7 8700k, Alza has one for £343.90 (£353.79 with shipping) which is only 3 quid more than my current Amazon pre-order. I spoke to Amazon and they told me they expected stock to be in last Saturday (16th) but I just spoke to someone else today and they said they don't know when stock is going to be available.

I'm really hoping to get one before Christmas so I'm contemplating cancelling my Amazon order and going with Alza instead. Has anyone ordered from them before? I looked online and there's a few negative reviews, even some with orders of the i7 8700k which is disheartening.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

I ordered from Alza a few times and I order a full rig from there back in April. They are based in Czech and tbh, very good! Customer suppose was great to get my free game from the graphics card and they arrived in no time at all. I got no issues with them

Used them twice
Turned up reasonably quick and very well packaged

Original Poster

Bradleigh23 m ago

Used them twiceTurned up reasonably quick and very well packaged

That's actually what is holding me back from using them. I had a look on TrustPilot and there was a couple reviews about their i7 8700k's packaging being damaged. I guess I wouldn't mind if the processor was in good condition but still, it should come brand new.

It could be a very rare instance though but it still makes you cautious. Thanks for your reply!

Original Poster

darthvader666uk34 m ago

I ordered from Alza a few times and I order a full rig from there back in …I ordered from Alza a few times and I order a full rig from there back in April. They are based in Czech and tbh, very good! Customer suppose was great to get my free game from the graphics card and they arrived in no time at all. I got no issues with them

That's a bit reassuring that you ordered a full rig from them and had no issues. Just being a bit cautious, especially after seeing negative reviews saying the packaging was damaged on the same item I was going to purchase. I think I'll just give them a chance, it's the only real choice I have if I want the processor for £350ish and have it before Christmas. Thanks for your input!

DeejDan7 m ago

That's a bit reassuring that you ordered a full rig from them and had no …That's a bit reassuring that you ordered a full rig from them and had no issues. Just being a bit cautious, especially after seeing negative reviews saying the packaging was damaged on the same item I was going to purchase. I think I'll just give them a chance, it's the only real choice I have if I want the processor for £350ish and have it before Christmas. Thanks for your input!

Yeah man, I spent just over 1k...A Risk but it was well packaged and it was all very good. I have no hesitation from ordering from them again thats for sure

Original Poster

darthvader666uk15 m ago

Yeah man, I spent just over 1k...A Risk but it was well packaged and it …Yeah man, I spent just over 1k...A Risk but it was well packaged and it was all very good. I have no hesitation from ordering from them again thats for sure

I'll just hope for the best. Them having PayPal is a good thing too, they're usually good at making sure I get my money back if something goes wrong. Just gotta hope Amazon refund my giftcard balance quickly so I can order my PSU and cooler.

DeejDan10 m ago

I'll just hope for the best. Them having PayPal is a good thing too, …I'll just hope for the best. Them having PayPal is a good thing too, they're usually good at making sure I get my money back if something goes wrong. Just gotta hope Amazon refund my giftcard balance quickly so I can order my PSU and cooler.

I ordered via Paypal too, just for that peace of mind

I've ordered a drone for about 750. Had no problem with them. Came in quickly and delivery was tracked. Charger had an European plug but a converter was included.

Original Poster

Derlish6 h, 31 m ago

I've ordered a drone for about 750. Had no problem with them. Came in …I've ordered a drone for about 750. Had no problem with them. Came in quickly and delivery was tracked. Charger had an European plug but a converter was included.

Do you remember how long it took them to dispatch? Was hoping to get it before Christmas and it's been 24 hours and no dispatch yet.

I don't I'm afraid.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions