Anyone own a cheap drone with camera and recommend it?

Posted 28th May
Looking for one on Amazon or Ali express but they seem to be full of fake reviews so looking for recommendations from own experience thanks
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I can highly recommend the MJX X103W and the MJX Bugs 4W

The X103W is just under the 250g limit, so no drone licence required, good flight times, has GPS so does way points and return to base in case of signal loss etc, plus 'follow me' and circling of subjects.
It takes video or photo's (can do both at same time)
Absolutley rock solid and ideal for a learner with dual rate controls etc, pretty tough too, foldable arms help massively with this.

The Bugs 4W is a much bigger machine, a license is required, but it has brushless motors and a larger battery, so increased flight times and is faster (I've had nearly 80kmh with a good tail wind) the camera is improvement on the X103W

Both drones have Wifi, so you connect your phone (IOS or Android) to the wifi and run the app for live video feed and the GPS stuff, you control it with a physical controller. I've not range tested the X103W but the Bugs 4W will do nearly a mile (according to Youtubers)

A DJI or similar will blow these things away for video quality, but for messing aorund and taking decent quality video they are ideal, I think the same physical machines are also sold by JJRC
andymagic29/05/2020 10:20

I can highly recommend the MJX X103W and the MJX Bugs 4WThe X103W is just …I can highly recommend the MJX X103W and the MJX Bugs 4WThe X103W is just under the 250g limit, so no drone licence required, good flight times, has GPS so does way points and return to base in case of signal loss etc, plus 'follow me' and circling of subjects.It takes video or photo's (can do both at same time)Absolutley rock solid and ideal for a learner with dual rate controls etc, pretty tough too, foldable arms help massively with this.The Bugs 4W is a much bigger machine, a license is required, but it has brushless motors and a larger battery, so increased flight times and is faster (I've had nearly 80kmh with a good tail wind) the camera is improvement on the X103WBoth drones have Wifi, so you connect your phone (IOS or Android) to the wifi and run the app for live video feed and the GPS stuff, you control it with a physical controller. I've not range tested the X103W but the Bugs 4W will do nearly a mile (according to Youtubers)A DJI or similar will blow these things away for video quality, but for messing aorund and taking decent quality video they are ideal, I think the same physical machines are also sold by JJRC

Hi thanks for responding this helps me a lot thank you. I had no clue a license would be required. How easy is it get one and what cost? How much did you pay for each one if you don't mind me asking, just need an idea if it's high or low now right now and which sites to use to avoid custom fees if that worked for you. Thank you.
I bought the X103W used, but I couldn't tell it was used, the only give away was it had a 16gb MicroSD card, which aren't supplied new - £50 buy it now on eBay.

The Bugs 4W was also from eBay, but new, a few months back for £160 with 3 batteries (batteries work out much cheaper with the drone than buying by themselves)

The license thing is quite straight forward (read some stuff, pay £9)- caa.co.uk/Con…on/

I have not had any issues flying with mine, but I don't fly where there's other people. They are easy to fly, but take some getting used to, find somewhere open and without people.

There's a guy on Youtube called 'captain drone' who does reviews, give him a look, a funny guy who doesn't BS.
Both drones I've listed require the phone to have AC Wi-Fi due to the video data needing lots of bandwidth, so check your phone supports AC before buying.
andymagic29/05/2020 13:29

I bought the X103W used, but I couldn't tell it was used, the only give …I bought the X103W used, but I couldn't tell it was used, the only give away was it had a 16gb MicroSD card, which aren't supplied new - £50 buy it now on eBay.The Bugs 4W was also from eBay, but new, a few months back for £160 with 3 batteries (batteries work out much cheaper with the drone than buying by themselves)The license thing is quite straight forward (read some stuff, pay £9)- https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Unmanned-aircraft/Our-role/Drone-and-model-aircraft-registration/I have not had any issues flying with mine, but I don't fly where there's other people. They are easy to fly, but take some getting used to, find somewhere open and without people.There's a guy on Youtube called 'captain drone' who does reviews, give him a look, a funny guy who doesn't BS.Both drones I've listed require the phone to have AC Wi-Fi due to the video data needing lots of bandwidth, so check your phone supports AC before buying.

Thank you so much I've had a look to buy them. The x103w I can't see any even close to this price maybe it's a discontinued eBay have it for £150+ and there only a handful that's on there and sold so was thinking of waiting for one to pop up but chances would be slim. I see the £50 sold one you got a good deal The bugs 4w is out of my price range unfortunately. Banggood have it for around £80 x103 but will most likely get custom charges etc which puts it out of my budget. What do I do.
Edited by: "MR1123" 29th May
I think the x103w is last years version so you are probably right. It might be worth looking for a non foldable MJX drone as part of the costs go towards the foldable feature and if being foldable isn't something you're looking for, you are spending money on something you don't need (if that makes sense, it's early!!)

Found this on Amazon...

amazon.co.uk/Amy…309

It's sold as a different make, but it is an X103W
Post a comment
@
    Text