EXPIRED

Anyone own a Kirby Sentria Vacuum cleaner?

Just had my lounge carpet hoovered and washed by one of these, the guy was trying to sell me one obviously but my god.....how expensive??
Anyone got one and how much did you pay for it please?
Thanx x

23 Comments

There was a thread here while back about someone who had a job with this company.........but chucked it due to the company having a bad reputation in the way they sell these.

Mega expensive

I have no idea how much my parents paid for theirs, it was pretty expensive.

Although, nearly 20 years later, it's still going!!

Banned

try not to get ''sucked in''

Original Poster

They were trying to sell me one for £2395 but then phoned the boss who spoke to my husband and reduced it to £1795 but its still a hell of a lot for a hoover!! Ive had 3 Dysons over the past 9 years and they say these things last around 40 plus years but phewwww. Couldnt believe the dirt that came off my carpets mind that had just been hoovered as well! OMG amazing!! Would love to have one but a little too expensive I tink! x

Original Poster

bossyboots

some refurbs here for around £500

Oooo thanks for that!!!!!
Works out £503.51 for a refurb.....I sooooo WANT one! Its a lot cheaper than the £2395 they first offered me!! x

I had one of these years ago. I offered the bloke £300 for his demonstrator and he took it. I gave it away in the end as it was too heavy to use and move around the house.

Banned

Avoid at all costs

Pressure sales main " victims being oaps "

Btw bossyboots it was me that posted thread

Not one thing good about the company

Keep the dyson and just get your carpets cleaned professionally.

Banned

yeah they make you feel bad by all the muck the show you in the filter thingys..

so you buy one ... better deal get some local bloke round to clean your carpets ..

Original Poster

dj_urban

Avoid at all costs Pressure sales main " victims being oaps " Btw … Avoid at all costs Pressure sales main " victims being oaps " Btw bossyboots it was me that posted threadNot one thing good about the company

Did you used to work for them dj_urban?
The 2 guys that came here tday were very nice and not pushy at all....they obviously wanted a sale but didnt push too hard. Ive had my carpets cleaned before but this time they honestly look brand new!! No way would I pay the price they were asking but I would maybe consider the refurb found by bossyboots!

Original Poster

melcarroll

I had one of these years ago. I offered the bloke £300 for his … I had one of these years ago. I offered the bloke £300 for his demonstrator and he took it. I gave it away in the end as it was too heavy to use and move around the house.

I had a go at hoovering with it and it didnt feel heavy at all...maybe after doing the whole house it might lol

dj_urban

Avoid at all costs Pressure sales main " victims being oaps " Btw … Avoid at all costs Pressure sales main " victims being oaps " Btw bossyboots it was me that posted threadNot one thing good about the company

I actually did think it was you! Found your thread and see that they offered you £1400 commission for every one sold oO

Hope you have found something better as am sure your wee baby is costing you a fortune!

one here http://****.co.uk/Kir…b88

They did one of our carpets just after we got married - the salesman offered to vac our cat with one attachment (cat was part tiger, part vicious hell creature - I said yes but wife gave game away). But then he told me that it could also be used to spray paint your car too. Almost a clincher!

Straight choice between vac and holiday, holiday won.

Original Poster

AberdeenDad

They did one of our carpets just after we got married - the salesman … They did one of our carpets just after we got married - the salesman offered to vac our cat with one attachment (cat was part tiger, part vicious hell creature - I said yes but wife gave game away). But then he told me that it could also be used to spray paint your car too. Almost a clincher!Straight choice between vac and holiday, holiday won.

lol he told me it could be used for spray paint as well.....as long as it was water based, and could also unblock your loo (dont think I would be doing that mind)

Just bought my third in 25yrs. Took first in part ex. It was still golng strong after coping with the cleaning of a shop.
Never paid more than £975. We were going through 2 hoovers in 3yr.

I had one few years back until it was stolen . I've had about six other makes since . Not one can come near to a Kirby . Worth every penny

Used to sell the about 15 odd years ago. Was fun times

Hire a Rug Doctor?

I sold 3 Kirby's in the 90's. Worked for them for 5 weeks. Sold one to my mate who owned a pub and 2 others to 2 other mates.

Awesome machines, nothing comes close. Although I am no salesman and never even tried to sell one to someone I do not know, I just used friends and family to demo them and sold 3 in 5 weeks. Commission was about £275 per cleaner (sold for around a grand back then), not a great deal in commission but if you were a good salesman I can see how they could make good money, the product spoke for itself.....after all I just give my mates free carpet cleaning days and ending up selling 3. oO

Not sure what Kirby are going to do now this new law is coming in regarding energy efficient motors. Maybe they are clued up with this kind of thing and were ready for it.

But other than some pushy sales person, if you can get hold of a good quality refurb Kirby at a good price then go for it. Some people pay £300 for a Dyson and get 3 in ten years. A kirby if looked after should last a good 20 years, maybe a lot longer, the build quality is like an M series Beemer compared to a Vauxhall, but the performance is like a Zonda compared to a Renault 5.

Edited by: "NEtech" 22nd Aug 2014

Best do Ias i did - get an almost new Sentria with all bits, all fully working and even with a full shampoo bottle for £300 on E Bay.
This is our third Kirby over about 40 years and there is nothing to touch them for carpet cleaning - cheaper to run than most others being only 500 watts but that large fan really sucks the dust and dirt up and the shampoo attachment is excellent. Heavy - yes and not easy taking upstairs so we have a different cleaner for there as upstairs never gets a dirty and downstairs (not a Dyson but a Sebo also very good, also off E bay), but we will not change the Kirby because of its Tech drive which makes it so easy to vacuum with. Might add that you don't need a modern Kirby, any with a Tech drive are pretty much just as good and a lot cheaper.

I was one that got sucked in . I got it 9/1/2016 . Now I've been off work for over a month for medical problems. Just tryed gettn Kirby company in Schererville Indiana to help take it back . I've never used the carpet cleaner stuff. Or attachments. But the guy said I'm pretty much stuck with it. The loan company put me In whole with bank. I need to sell it got all paper work. What can I do I wont sell it for what there charging me at all. Need help
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. (heads up) Mini SNES price finally dropped on Amazon pre orders56
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763878
    3. What an absolute disgrace2147
    4. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2446

See more discussions