Groups

Anyone own a PS3 and a Wii?

Banned
    Which do you prefer?

I've got a Wii at the moment, and frankly I'm pretty bored of it. This year looks massive for the PS3; Grand Theft Auto 4, Resident Evil 5, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy 13. Looks like some great games heading toward the PS3!

So I'm thinking about trading my (chipped) Wii for a PS3..

Things I'll miss:
    - Wii Sports
    - Online Mario Kart (when it comes out)
    .... thats about it.

But are there any good games currently avilable for the PS3? The only one I can think of that I'd want to play is Devil May Cry..

Basically I just need someone to convince me to get a PS3!

22 Comments

I have both a PS3 and a Wii, I acctually very rarely play the Wii because there are so many PS3 games to play - SKATE, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden, Turok, Devil May Cry 4 (i've completed it on easy and normal and will be doing it all again on Hard soon), Burnout Paradise, Guitar Hero 3, Folklore etc etc

There are a lot of good exclusives coming out (You forgot about Haze :P) and HOME coming out very soon. Online play is free and there are weekly updates that often contain new demos to download for free.

I also use it to play Blu-Ray and DVD's I get from [url]www.lovefilm.com[/url] (3 month free trial) and love my console, i've never regretted buying it instead of a 360

Have a look at [url]www.ps3forums.com[/url] and see all the new stuff coming out soon and people drooling over games being released in 2008 :P

i have a 360 and a wii, last time i used my wii was xmas.

I would deffo get a ps3 over a wii

I had a wii aswell at first it was like "YEAH!" and then after about 2/3 weeks I got really bored of it, so I sold it and got a 60GB PS3 and I've never looked back since :thumbsup:

rwm24;1634705

I also use it to play Blu-Ray and DVD's I get from … I also use it to play Blu-Ray and DVD's I get from [url]www.lovefilm.com[/url] (3 month free trial) and love my console, i've never regretted buying it instead of a 360

lol I used the 3 month trial for lovefilm too just for games :-D

I have a PS3, Wii & 360 and generally use the PS3 myself and the Wii with the kids or missus.

I would get a PS3 if I was in your position

nacider;1634725

lol I used the 3 month trial for lovefilm too just for games :-D

Do you know if there is a new trial code out? I have to start paying on the 4th of March

I have had games on my rental list for 2months+ and haven't been sent a single one =/

We've got both and I prefer the PS3. Why not just keep the Wii aswell buy PS3?

Original Poster Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;1634797

We've got both and I prefer the PS3. Why not just keep the Wii aswell buy … We've got both and I prefer the PS3. Why not just keep the Wii aswell buy PS3?

Because I dont have the money to buy a PS3 and I'm bored of the Wii!

What games do you have for your Wii? I've heard so many people complain that they're bored of their Wii, yet they don't have any decent games for it. Although it doesn't seem like you're one of these people.

jibberjabber;1634830

Because I dont have the money to buy a PS3 and I'm bored of the Wii!

Right.

We've got on Wii- Mario VS Sonic Olympic Games,Mario Strikers,Mario Galaxy,Zelda and Tiger Woods Golf,we did have Red Steel but my partner didn't like it. I wouldn't mind a Resident Evil one,and I'd like that Carnival one you can get. We not got many considering we had Wii over a yr,and in saying that we not got many for PS3 but we not had it that long really.

I have just bought PS3, not hooked it up yet, but sold my Wii to get a PS3

I got 360, PS3 and a Wii, I think PS3 is the best all round.

I want to sell my wii and DS,but the GF wont let me

rwm24;1634736

Do you know if there is a new trial code out? I have to start paying on … Do you know if there is a new trial code out? I have to start paying on the 4th of March :(I have had games on my rental list for 2months+ and haven't been sent a single one =/

yeah i saw that but what do i have to do? do i cancel then sign up again? mine ends in 27th april, THE EXACT DAY OF GTA IV :whistling:

Mum2Connor&Cerys;1635179

We've got on Wii- Mario VS Sonic Olympic Games,Mario Strikers,Mario … We've got on Wii- Mario VS Sonic Olympic Games,Mario Strikers,Mario Galaxy,Zelda and Tiger Woods Golf,we did have Red Steel but my partner didn't like it. I wouldn't mind a Resident Evil one,and I'd like that Carnival one you can get. We not got many considering we had Wii over a yr,and in saying that we not got many for PS3 but we not had it that long really.

You can get Resident Evil 4 on Wii think its £20 new

Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Resident Evil 4 are essential if you have a Wii. Mario Galaxy was probably my favourite game of last year, and I love my Wii, but you definitely can't put as many hours into most Wii games as you can many games from the other next gen consoles.

I think the PS3/Xbox360 and the Wii are for very different uses, the Wii is great for 'fun' multiplayer particularly for those not interested in games normally whereas the PS3/Xbox360 is better for longer single player sessions.

That's a big generalisation though, there are some strong titles for the Wii that often get overlooked - I don't think anyone has mentioned Metroid Prime in this thread)Ok, someone did while I was writing this!) and I think that's well worth picking. Its two predecessors on the Cube were strong but the poor control system let them down, MP3 makes extremely good use of the Wii control system which demonstrates its potential beyond a gimmick. I enjoyed lightgun games when I was younger and have had a lot of fun with Umbrella Chronicles, No More Heroes is an interesting title (aside from the part where you drive about town) that again makes good use of the Wiimote.

Smash Brothers Brawl (Jap) has been somewhat disappointing though, seems far too similar to both its predecessors though.

To be honest I prefer the Wii to the PS3 but then again I play most of the PS3ish titles on the 360.

John

[QUOTE=rwm24;1634736]Do you know if there is a new trial code out? I have to start paying on the 4th of March :(/QUOTE]

I start on the 4th as well

New code here hotukdeals.com/ite…lm/

Used it today to sign up my Mum in Law as new account, but apparently works for reactivation, HTH :thumbsup:

I own both systems and think they are both cool. Have played and finished 3 games for the wii Zelda, Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4. All 3 games are amazing, Mario is brilliant and the most enjoyable, super diff at the end. I also have metroid Prime 3 but havent played it yet but looks very cool.

Only just got the PS3 yesterday, with Uncharted and Ninja Gaiden. Both look very good. Graphics amazing. Want to get Ratchet & Clank: Future Tools, Devil May Cry 4 (they will both be briliant) Assassin Creed and Heavenly Sword will also be worth a look. God of War 3 also being released the year (God of War games, for me, are the best games).

Anyway, i'm not a system snob because ITS ALL ABOUT THE GAMES. The control system for the wii is awesome and is far superior to 360 and PS3, but I like both systems. (the wii a little more cos of the control system). If you havent played any or some of the 4 games mentioned above for the wii, then do so .

So the answer to your question i'd keep the wii and buy a PS3, cos the wii is absolutely massive and will have more very cool titles for it soon. If a title comes out for the PS3 and the wii i'd probably get the one for the wii. Resident Evil 4 for the wii, a prime example, it just doesnt compare to any other system!!

Im still in love with my PS3, its fab piece of kit, i have networked it all up to my PC and laptop as well now, which makes it even better.

Games are fab, graphics are good as well, plus bonus of Blu-ray player

Banned

Got both. PS3 used daily and the Wii used once in 4 months. Worst waste of money I have spent in a long time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Help O2 wont repair my sony experia xz12
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism812
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846227
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6561254

See more discussions