Groups

Anyone own a Samsung Pixion?

My mobile contract is up shortly and I've been looking at the Samsung Pixion as I want something I can use as a decent pocket camera as well as a phone.

I can't find any sample photos from the camera on the internet to see what the quality is like, 8MP is all well and good but it doesn't mean it can take a good photo. Anyone got one and able to show me some photos?

The alternative is to get a basic phone with a good cashback offer and buy a pocket camera

8 Comments

I've had the pixon since just before Christmas, and have to say it's not too bad.

As long as you remember that it's a phone and not a camera, the zoom is purely digital and the flash isn't great for more than a couple of metres. That aside the image quality in daylight is quite good for what it is, and is by far the best phone cam I have ever used or seen.

Below is a piccy of times square taken on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lewish_1974/3348188939/

Review and photos here
    gsmarena.com/sam…php
    I still think the Nokia n82 still has the best camera

I've got one, camera is good but not amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

Banned

I love mine mate...do it

Original Poster

cheers for the tips, the sample photos look good enough for a happy-snap type camera which is all I want really as I can use the DSLR for proper photos ta!

I have the N82 which has a 5 megapixel camera and is by far the best phone camera I have seen. It takes amazing pictures day and night, even video too. It has a carl zeiss flash which works very well at night and i think its the best phone camera out at the moment

Banned

jay-uk;4639977

I have the N82 which has a 5 megapixel camera and is by far the best … I have the N82 which has a 5 megapixel camera and is by far the best phone camera I have seen. It takes amazing pictures day and night, even video too. It has a carl zeiss flash which works very well at night and i think its the best phone camera out at the moment

Pixon is 8 Megapixels though....far as I know the best camer on the market currently is the Samsung Innovate but the Pixon is damn good....video quality brilliant too

However this phone has saved my life this weekend....been on a 4hr each way train ride. Stuck 4 films, few episodes of South Park and half a dozen albums on the 4GB card I got (comes with 1GB as standard)

Picture and sound quality amazing and you dont have to convert 1st....just stuck some avi's on the card direct (too slow going through software) play perfectly..watched The Business, Crank and half way through Walk The Line (and I'll watch the rest on it too rather than the 42"). Train journey flew by!!

Brilliant to that you can add a 'tag' which is a little marker at any point in the film to show where you are. Then when you stop it you just load up next time, use the stylus to skip to that bit like you would with Windows Media Player

Original Poster

ODB_69;4649621

Pixon is 8 Megapixels though....far as I know the best camer on the … Pixon is 8 Megapixels though....far as I know the best camer on the market currently is the Samsung Innovate but the Pixon is damn good....video quality brilliant tooHowever this phone has saved my life this weekend....been on a 4hr each way train ride. Stuck 4 films, few episodes of South Park and half a dozen albums on the 4GB card I got (comes with 1GB as standard)Picture and sound quality amazing and you dont have to convert 1st....just stuck some avi's on the card direct (too slow going through software) play perfectly..watched The Business, Crank and half way through Walk The Line (and I'll watch the rest on it too rather than the 42"). Train journey flew by!!Brilliant to that you can add a 'tag' which is a little marker at any point in the film to show where you are. Then when you stop it you just load up next time, use the stylus to skip to that bit like you would with Windows Media Player

Its sounding more and more like the phone I should go for, but for the sake of a couple of months I'm going to hold out and see what the 3rd Gen iPhone has to offer - I really like it every respect other than the fact its so lacking in camera/video functions, which is something I use my phone for alot. Like the idea of Divx on the move, although I'm not sure how often I'd use it!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64534
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133

See more discussions