Anyone planning on switching from iPhone XS Max to iPhone 11?

Posted 21st Sep
Something I’m considering but wanted to see if anyone else was going to do the same
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

32 Comments
Waste of money personally, plus you would be going from an OLED to a led screen. Also the screen is smaller on the iPhone 11. An XS is perfectly usable with iOS 13 and the only features you’d miss out on are better cameras. Depends how much that is worth to you I guess
Edited by: "Whoknows_" 21st Sep
Whoknows_21/09/2019 22:35

Waste of money personally, plus you would be going from an OLED to a led …Waste of money personally, plus you would be going from an OLED to a led screen. Also the screen is smaller on the iPhone 11. An XS is perfectly usable with iOS 13 and the only features you’d miss out on are better cameras. Depends how much that is worth to you I guess

Thanks for the comment. I was thinking if I sold my XS, I would get back around £700 which would pay for the iPhone 11. Screen will be a downgrade but camera and battery life will improve. Hmm, decisions decisions
No worries, if it was me, I’d wait until the rumoured 2020 refresh with an all new iPhone look but obviously nothing’s guaranteed there. Just depends how many photos you take especially in the dark with the new night mode function. Can always use a power bank although not ideal. No fast charger in the box so the 11 apparently takes longer to charge as well.
I got the 11 Pro after an XS, to be honest the only difference is the camera, I haven't had it long enough to tell if the battery is any better. Was it worth it, probably not.
Not worth switching from XS Max to 11. Switching from last year's top Apple flagship to this year's R "budget" version (for Apple anyway) is not a good idea.
Apparently you don’t even notice the better camera on the 11 pro when just taking snaps like we do, it’s only when you start messing with the features. Most of us just load camera and take pictures. If your battery lasts all day anyway only difference is it might have a bit more left when you charge so no big deal. That’s the pro though the basic 11 is a downgrade and even the camera is pretty much the same on the 11 as the Xs. You’d be crazy to swap from Xs to 11, but if your flush with cash then Xs to 11 pro is a slight upgrade to me it’s not worth the money
toonsquirel22/09/2019 08:20

Apparently you don’t even notice the better camera on the 11 pro when just …Apparently you don’t even notice the better camera on the 11 pro when just taking snaps like we do, it’s only when you start messing with the features. Most of us just load camera and take pictures. If your battery lasts all day anyway only difference is it might have a bit more left when you charge so no big deal. That’s the pro though the basic 11 is a downgrade and even the camera is pretty much the same on the 11 as the Xs. You’d be crazy to swap from Xs to 11, but if your flush with cash then Xs to 11 pro is a slight upgrade to me it’s not worth the money

I agree with this, so far I have noticed the battery is much stronger, the camera seems better but have not been able to fully test it, the night mode is very good. Also the spacial sound is quite impressive. (iPhone 11 Pro)
aircanman22/09/2019 08:45

I agree with this, so far I have noticed the battery is much stronger, the …I agree with this, so far I have noticed the battery is much stronger, the camera seems better but have not been able to fully test it, the night mode is very good. Also the spacial sound is quite impressive. (iPhone 11 Pro)

Yeah I forgot might mode it looks good but again I rarely take photos in the dark when I don’t you a flash so all these features will be nice next year but just not enough to upgrade this year. I really considered it cos my ee plan is just £55 for unlimited everything and my upgrade fee is £500 so I could easy sell my Xs to pay upgrade fee and the new plan is same price so I’d be upgrading for free really. But if I keep my phone another year I’ll get next years on same deal hopefully and it should have better features even 5g which I really don’t need now and probably won’t in 1 year but possibly might use within 3 years. Then in a year I’ll have my Xs spare to give to my daughter who will be really happy as it’ll still be an excellent phone for her.
Keep the Xs max until next year.
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Some very valid points and some that I didn’t even think of. I think i will stick with my phone for the time being. Have a nice day
38519554-tUa7P.jpgThis was the queue for the iphone 11 launch at Birminghams apple store which used to have queues all down the street years ago. I guess people are finally realising they are being robbed, charging the highest prices of any phone manufacturers and selling the most out of date tech
deleted1410297
04muim21/09/2019 22:38

Thanks for the comment. I was thinking if I sold my XS, I would get back …Thanks for the comment. I was thinking if I sold my XS, I would get back around £700 which would pay for the iPhone 11. Screen will be a downgrade but camera and battery life will improve. Hmm, decisions decisions

Ur not getting £700 for an xs
If you have the money and want something, just buy it. Only you can decide on value of item if you think it’s worth it.... or is it just a post to start trolling or look at me I’m getting a new phone...
deleted141029722/09/2019 09:32

Ur not getting £700 for an xs

I just watched an xs max new and sealed sell for 655 so your definitely right, he will probably get 580ish
Mark_Hickman22/09/2019 13:28

I just watched an xs max new and sealed sell for 655 so your definitely …I just watched an xs max new and sealed sell for 655 so your definitely right, he will probably get 580ish

Unless OPs is max storage size, or bigger than what you saw listed anyway.

I want the new iPhone (Pro Max) but, it's.not different enough from the XS Max. So despite wanting the newest tech etc etc, this year, is OK to skip I reckon lol.
Edited by: "bex85" 22nd Sep
bex8522/09/2019 20:43

Unless OPs is max storage size, or bigger than what you saw listed …Unless OPs is max storage size, or bigger than what you saw listed anyway.I want the new iPhone (Pro Max) but, it's.not different enough from the XS Max. So despite wanting the newest tech etc etc, this year, is OK to skip I reckon lol.

If you wanted the newest tech you wouldn't be buying an iphone
Whoknows_21/09/2019 22:43

No worries, if it was me, I’d wait until the rumoured 2020 refresh with an …No worries, if it was me, I’d wait until the rumoured 2020 refresh with an all new iPhone look but obviously nothing’s guaranteed there. Just depends how many photos you take especially in the dark with the new night mode function. Can always use a power bank although not ideal. No fast charger in the box so the 11 apparently takes longer to charge as well.

I've had the iPhone X for 2 years now. Still going strong and I'm happy enough to wait as you've said.
Hopefully a hardware refresh is on the cards late 2020.
Edited by: "kestrel1960" 22nd Sep
kestrel196022/09/2019 21:09

I've had the iPhone X for 2 years now. Still going strong and I'm happy …I've had the iPhone X for 2 years now. Still going strong and I'm happy enough to wait as you've said. Hopefully a hardware refresh is on the cards late 2020.

I’m hoping to keep my X till iOS updates stop altogether for this phone. Apple are trying to make each new iOS just as fast as the last nowadays and so it should still be good for a few more years.(y)
Edited by: "Whoknows_" 22nd Sep
Whoknows_22/09/2019 22:01

I’m hoping to keep my X till iOS updates stop altogether for this phone. A …I’m hoping to keep my X till iOS updates stop altogether for this phone. Apple are trying to make each new iOS just as fast as the last nowadays and so it should still be good for a few more years.(y)

Agreed but you’ll probably have to factor in the cost of a replacement battery in that period
Mark_Hickman22/09/2019 21:00

If you wanted the newest tech you wouldn't be buying an iphone

I'm not buying it lol.

But it is the newest phone to be released 😝
Which is what I meant with this being an Apple thread and everything.
Mark_Hickman22/09/2019 09:23

[Image] This was the queue for the iphone 11 launch at Birminghams apple …[Image] This was the queue for the iphone 11 launch at Birminghams apple store which used to have queues all down the street years ago. I guess people are finally realising they are being robbed, charging the highest prices of any phone manufacturers and selling the most out of date tech

Or people are realising they can order things on the internet.
Don't bother until iphone with 5G
PhilKelix223/09/2019 08:53

No the reason people go and queue up are to get it there and then on release, apples numbers have dropped massively over the last few years its a well known fact
Mark_Hickman23/09/2019 11:55

No the reason people go and queue up are to get it there and then on …No the reason people go and queue up are to get it there and then on release, apples numbers have dropped massively over the last few years its a well known fact

No they haven't. In millions of iPhone sales:

2010 47.4
2011 93.1
2012 135.8
2013 153.4
2014 192.7
2015 231.5
2016 215.4
2017 216.6
2018 219.2
PhilKelix223/09/2019 08:53

Pretty sure you could order the last few generations on the internet too - your excuses are the best!
ezzer7228/09/2019 12:17

Pretty sure you could order the last few generations on the internet too - …Pretty sure you could order the last few generations on the internet too - your excuses are the best!

The adults are talking about the iPhone 11, keep up boy.
PhilKelix228/09/2019 12:20

The adults are talking about the iPhone 11, keep up boy.

I fully understand the conversation - the guy pointed out that people no longer queue for the latest iPhone, and you blamed the internet.
ezzer7228/09/2019 12:22

I fully understand the conversation - the guy pointed out that people no …I fully understand the conversation - the guy pointed out that people no longer queue for the latest iPhone, and you blamed the internet.

I’m not sure you follow.

iPhone sales are increasing but queue’s are
decreasing.

So what would you say is the explanation to that?
PhilKelix228/09/2019 12:25

I’m not sure you follow.iPhone sales are increasing but queue’s are …I’m not sure you follow.iPhone sales are increasing but queue’s aredecreasing.So what would you say is the explanation to that?

Sales dropped massively, then began to increase when the iPhone was introduced to new, emerging markets. In mature markets such as the UK and US, they have lost market share.
ezzer7228/09/2019 12:27

Sales dropped massively, then began to increase when the iPhone was …Sales dropped massively, then began to increase when the iPhone was introduced to new, emerging markets. In mature markets such as the UK and US, they have lost market share.

Wrong again!

statista.com/sta…uk/
PhilKelix228/09/2019 12:29

Wrong …Wrong again!https://www.statista.com/statistics/487780/market-share-of-mobile-device-vendors-uk/

I can't view that properly without paying to join, and as you know, I'm living in abject poverty but, I think that includes tablets, and as you know I'm a huge fan of iPad and fully recognise that as the best in the business - I'm not anti-Apple, just don't rate iPhones.
ezzer7228/09/2019 12:35

I can't view that properly without paying to join, and as you know, I'm …I can't view that properly without paying to join, and as you know, I'm living in abject poverty but, I think that includes tablets, and as you know I'm a huge fan of iPad and fully recognise that as the best in the business - I'm not anti-Apple, just don't rate iPhones.

No it’s smartphone market share in the UK showing the rise from 40% to over 50% for iPhone.

Sorry to widdle all over your narrative with facts.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants