Anyone planning to BBQ This Weekend/Week During Lockdown & If So What Are You Planning To Cook (Piccies As Well) Please!

Posted 4th Apr
A nice few days weather wise forecast in most parts of the country and with the lockdown continuing for the foreseeable. A chance to perhaps get the BBQ out and get some cooking done?

Why not share your cooks you have planned or doing in the coming days and share some pics, it's always nice to look at well cooked food. Whether it's just burgers or ribs or whatever else takes your fancy
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
We made some great burgers this week with some mince we had in the freezer! Recipe below

For 4 burgers:
400g mince (we used 5% and it didn’t dry out)
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
A dash of Worcester sauce
1 small diced red onion
A splat of ketchup
A dollop of mustard

Mix it all up, shape into patties and make a slight dip in the centre with the back of a spoon. Dry heat a large frying pan, add a couple of squirts of spray oil and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.

Top with a slice of cheese, wet the lid of the pan and pop it on to steam the cheese so it melts.

Serve in a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard and home made sweet potato fries.

As a guide, the second the pink line around the edge of the burger disappears they’re medium well. I used a thermometer in the centre and they were a perfect medium well at 75c

40292908-IzYO1.jpg
Edited by: "melovecookie" 4th Apr
5 Comments
Planning to do a homemade Pizza tonight (got to cheat with a ready made base unfortunately) as no Pizza 00 Flour available anywhere.

Sunday Dinner tomorrow Roast Chicken, Potatoes, Carrots, Onions and Cabbage all done on the Smoker/Grill

Hopefully post some pictures tomorrow
Bypassing the food just having the lager
We made some great burgers this week with some mince we had in the freezer! Recipe below

For 4 burgers:
400g mince (we used 5% and it didn’t dry out)
1 egg yolk
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper
A dash of Worcester sauce
1 small diced red onion
A splat of ketchup
A dollop of mustard

Mix it all up, shape into patties and make a slight dip in the centre with the back of a spoon. Dry heat a large frying pan, add a couple of squirts of spray oil and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes each side.

Top with a slice of cheese, wet the lid of the pan and pop it on to steam the cheese so it melts.

Serve in a brioche bun with lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard and home made sweet potato fries.

As a guide, the second the pink line around the edge of the burger disappears they’re medium well. I used a thermometer in the centre and they were a perfect medium well at 75c

40292908-IzYO1.jpg
Edited by: "melovecookie" 4th Apr
zworld04/04/2020 16:02

Comment deleted

Perhaps if you’d read the thread you’d notice that it’s actually just what we’ve been cooking not suggesting we invite the neighbours over for a barbecue and having a massive get together. (Example: I made burgers after my 9 hour shift in the kitchen of my first floor flat while outside it sleeted)

There’s absolutely nothing suggesting anyone needs to ration. If we all shop sensibly, and only when we really need to we’ll get back to normality soon.

Be nice
zworld04/04/2020 16:02

Comment deleted

with that sort of response, we all know who the "thick" one is.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions