Anyone purchased replica items before?

Found 2nd Sep 2017
Apologies in advance if it's not allowed taking about replicas/sites that sell them (no links are provided)
I just wanted to ask if anyone has used dh gate. I think it's similar to Ali express in that's it's a lot of different sellers as opposed to just one.
Reason I ask is I'm considering buying some replica trainer's. I know people will say why not just get the real thing as quality won't be same etc, here's the deal the Color way I want they didn't make in my size (the genuine ones) however they do make my size in the replica ones ....
Again apologies if this goes against any rules (please don't ban me! )
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
It isn't a replica, it's a counterfeit or fake item.
10 Comments
Whilst not personally venturing into the replica experience myself I did have a friend who was purchasing what he believed were genuine Lacoste trainers.
The 1st pair he had he worn alot and really liked them. So after a 12 / 18 months he decided to get another identical pair and another in a different style from the SAME online shop.
The new pair fell apart very quickly and he was puzzled as to why this happened, but in the back of his mind he did wonder if either the new pair were replica versions or indeed if all if them were.

I told him to use a UK lacoste outlet or reputable retailer in future.
windym29 s ago

Yes indeed..
Yes they are similar to Ali express except not as big, might be worth looking for the product on Ali as its usually for sale on both.
Amazon sellers are selling fake airmax for under £15 delivered, actually really surprised they haven't clamped down on it yet
Edited by: "Sandy1012" 2nd Sep 2017
Original Poster
Dawsy5 h, 25 m ago

Yes indeed..

assumed it was the same...
anyways i'm aware the item i'm bying is fake & not genuine so not expecting same quality etc.
is it illegal to buy fake items? (dont want to be getting into trouble -_-) though i see people buying wholesale & selling on fb all the time (not what i intend to do, merely buying myself an item).
little_green31 m ago

assumed it was the same...anyways i'm aware the item i'm bying is fake & …assumed it was the same...anyways i'm aware the item i'm bying is fake & not genuine so not expecting same quality etc.is it illegal to buy fake items? (dont want to be getting into trouble -_-) though i see people buying wholesale & selling on fb all the time (not what i intend to do, merely buying myself an item).

Well if you don't honestly know it's replica then you have done nothing wrong. Copyright/Brand protection is a civil matter and not a criminal offence. The police do not prosecute importers of goods. The Brand protection places rely on customs to inform them of any anomalies or suspect items. The Brand then gives the receiver an option to surrender the goods for destruction or face a civil process.
Customs won't see single items being sent. They are looking for bigger fish.
little_green31 m ago

assumed it was the same...anyways i'm aware the item i'm bying is fake & …assumed it was the same...anyways i'm aware the item i'm bying is fake & not genuine so not expecting same quality etc.is it illegal to buy fake items? (dont want to be getting into trouble -_-) though i see people buying wholesale & selling on fb all the time (not what i intend to do, merely buying myself an item).

It's illegal as the item is counterfeit, the 'replica' is purely that, they have copied the design of the original product. There are laws in the UK which protects against copyright, counterfeit items can and will be confiscated, plus prosecution.

If you want the product buy the genuine product.
Original Poster
BarmyBulldog8 h, 58 m ago

If you want the product buy the genuine product.

I would but thats the issue, the original manufacturer did not make the trainers I'm my size.

Now I'm worried.... It don't think it should be wrong/illegal to buy yourself a fale item that you know is fake and it's only for personal use ( I understand it's wrong to buy stock then sell it on)
little_green3rd Sep

I would but thats the issue, the original manufacturer did not make the …I would but thats the issue, the original manufacturer did not make the trainers I'm my size.Now I'm worried.... It don't think it should be wrong/illegal to buy yourself a fale item that you know is fake and it's only for personal use ( I understand it's wrong to buy stock then sell it on)

You should be fine. Think of the 1000's that are buying daily on eBay thinking they will be getting a genuine lacoste / Hugo Boss / Ralphy top at bargain prices. Some fakes are decent enough to fool 75% of people..some of those won't even care and are just happy to have a £10 Hugo Boss top.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants