Groups

Anyone raised a complaint against Quidco?

They have declined cashback again and am livid. They should be held to account.

22 Comments

I think its the retailer that's declined the cash back not Quidco.

Cashback is never guaranteed anyway so there is not really much to complain about. This is why cashback can't be included on deals on here.

Don't go spending money expecting cashback, simple as that. Go for deals that are good regardless of possible cashback, because as you've discovered, it's certainly not guaranteed.

as others have said, cashback is only a bonus if it pays out so you can't get upset if it doesn't. i would give cashback a 70% chance of being paid if you bought via a good retailer, no more than that.

i find quidco very poor at the moment having used them for the past 10 years and will be using my topcashback account in future ,how they can advertise rates on jet2 holidays and know they will always be declined is unfair

how much was it? only costs £30 to sue

spinach_pie

They have declined cashback again and am livid. They should be held to … They have declined cashback again and am livid. They should be held to account.

Whilst a decline can be disappointing, you should consider that quidco is simply reporting a status from one of a number of 3rd parties. You agreed to this mechanism when you opened your Quidco account. Maybe rephrase the question to something similar to "What is the most effective way to encourage Quidco to chase a declined but believed legitimate cashback payment from one of its partners / affiliates?"
    A reasonable starting point is here: If your purchase is declined we can investigate this further - you can simply raise a declined Cashback Claim and we’ll go back to the retailer to find out why they declined the cashback.

Original Poster

ellenw

I think its the retailer that's declined the cash back not Quidco.

Yeah but Quidco just accept any decision from the retailer with no recourse.

i tried quidco for the fist time last week after they sent me an offer for a £15 bonus.
    Bought something and neither the purchase nor bonus/cashback tracked.
    I took this as a sign of things to come, don't have time to waste chasing stuff like that so cancelled the purchase and asked them to close the account.

remember hukd is owned by same ppl as quidco
    Edited by: "mattmerch" 12th Jul

I have to raise complaints all the time, keep on at them, they will eventually get it sorted

I have found top cash back a lot more reliable lately, even paid out 70 quid on a holiday I booked through low cost holidays when they went bust. I've stopped using quidco totally

Original Poster

mattmerch

remember hukd is owned by same ppl as quidco

Really?!?!

I booked 2 holidays, same value at the same site at the same time. No difference. Full 5% cash back on one. Less than half on second. I just took the money and ran. Better than nothing. Now started a TCB account, see how they go.
    Edited by: "mrty" 12th Jul

spinach_pie

Really?!?!

That is true.

maddogb

i tried quidco for the fist time last week after they sent me an offer … i tried quidco for the fist time last week after they sent me an offer for a £15 bonus.Bought something and neither the purchase nor bonus/cashback tracked.I took this as a sign of things to come, don't have time to waste chasing stuff like that so cancelled the purchase and asked them to close the account.

Maybe you should read up on instructions on how site works and best settings to have on your device(s) to ensure all purchases are tracked, less chance of a decline or no tracked purchase..

£3000+ in 5 years on Quidco, under half that on TCB and over £500 on completesavings in less than 4 months and not the only one on here some members on here have very rewarding Cashback Accounts.

Doesn't hurt to ensure you understand how it works before proceeding.

Its not rocket science but its not just a case of clicking a link to go to a retailer either

But some bull there, didn't have time to waste to send one message but had enough time and less hassle to go to back to Retailer, trying to cancel an order especially given it must of been couple of days after you originally bought it, then back to quidco to open support request to cancel and reply to messages form support to cancel your Quidco account.

You should go direct to the Royal mint to complain as it's money you've lost out on. Either there or to theresa may.

top tip keep a vanilla broswer just for cashback
    never had a problem since doing that

If it was for insurance you can go to the insurance ombudsman apparently

charleaward81

Maybe you should read up on instructions on how site works and best … Maybe you should read up on instructions on how site works and best settings to have on your device(s) to ensure all purchases are tracked, less chance of a decline or no tracked purchase..£3000+ in 5 years on Quidco, under half that on TCB and over £500 on completesavings in less than 4 months and not the only one on here some members on here have very rewarding Cashback Accounts. Doesn't hurt to ensure you understand how it works before proceeding.Its not rocket science but its not just a case of clicking a link to go to a retailer eitherBut some bull there, didn't have time to waste to send one message but had enough time and less hassle to go to back to Retailer, trying to cancel an order especially given it must of been couple of days after you originally bought it, then back to quidco to open support request to cancel and reply to messages form support to cancel your Quidco account.

i know how these things work been with topcashback a few years and that's just the point, one juicy burger/bait to get you in and they couldn't even get that right,
    it didn't take two seconds to fire off a couple of emails and it was made much faster in the knowledge i won't ever have to do that again which was the point that so obviously went over your head.
    I have no doubt people do make a fair few quid but tbh in my experience apart from a few monopoly situations like sky a little bit more work shopping about and you save more than is offered in cashback and it is guaranteed

TCB are no better, especially with purchases over £10. Failed to pay on 4 in a row last year after no problems in 6 years previously. I think the era of amazing cashback deals is all but over.

You can open a case on quidco, Asda declined mine, so i opened a case, you have to show order number or receipt, after a few weeks they found in my favour and paid.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Replacement for BT Hub 522
      2. Gutters, painting11
      3. Hifi Speaker cable choice?22
      4. Anyone play memory games?11

See more discussions