Groups

Anyone received Nougat update on their Nexus devices ?

So it's suppose to be rolling out from 22nd August for the Nexus devices. Just wondering if anyone was lucky to get in the first round of rollouts.

5 Comments

Call me a cynic if you like but with all the much publicised problems with updates (across all platforms ) you are "lucky" not to get the update early on .

Original Poster

rogparki

Call me a cynic if you like but with all the much publicised problems … Call me a cynic if you like but with all the much publicised problems with updates (across all platforms ) you are "lucky" not to get the update early on .

​what are you talking about. Google did 5 beta versions before the final release. first time ever. this would be most stable version of any Android ever.

killstreak

​what are you talking about. Google did 5 beta versions before the final r … ​what are you talking about. Google did 5 beta versions before the final release. first time ever. this would be most stable version of any Android ever.

I believe you , as did win 10 Skype users etc etc - just saying - I consider it sensible and prudent to wait a while before installing the "latest update" on any platform
    Edited by: "rogparki" 23rd Aug 2016

If you want it desperately, just enroll on the beta program and the update will miraculously appear.

Probably take a while - probably similar time scale to when you get the monthly security updates.

You could always install the update manually (assuming you feel confident doing that)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win amazing travel prizes including £2000 travel voucher, flights and holid…11
      2. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…77
      4. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card33

See more discussions