Groups

Anyone recently returned from Mallorca Majorca?

If you have returned very recently What's the best euro rate
    available for cash and where?
    Best I can find here is 1.237

Thanks in advance

12 Comments

I always change my money at western union. I got 1.24 there with no commission.

Original Poster

mhh1981;2668656

I always change my money at western union. I got 1.24 there with no … I always change my money at western union. I got 1.24 there with no commission.

I cannot find a current exchange rate on their website.
    Do you have to visit them?

Yeah unfortunately.

Halifax & Nationwide are ususally quite good for Euro's

post office was best when i got mine a week or so ago

Original Poster

Thanks guys for your help but the 1.237 exchange rate with Travelex
    is effectively 1.2432 as I get 0.5% quidco with it.
    I think this is the best I can find here, so I am trying to confirm what
    exchange rate is available in Mallorca now.
    Thanks again....

Banned

In my experience (3 hols in europe per year), you will always get a far better rate from the local shops in your destination. Or better still, get a nationwide account (interbank exchange rates from cashpoints - about 1.28)

I got 1.31 in June when withdrawing from cashpoints in Malaga

i always get around 50 euro done in the UK. After that I feel the cheapest way is to directly withdraw using an ATM in the country you are going to. I have a natwest debit card, and the rates I have received have been brilliant, and better than anything in the shops, even after the small charge levied!!

Original Poster

csiman;2668882

In my experience (3 hols in europe per year), you will always get a far … In my experience (3 hols in europe per year), you will always get a far better rate from the local shops in your destination. Or better still, get a nationwide account (interbank exchange rates from cashpoints - about 1.28)I got 1.31 in June when withdrawing from cashpoints in Malaga

You usually get a better rate on holiday but it's not ALWAYS the case.
    I expect to be able to get a better rate in Mallorca but I just wanted to know by
    how much ( ish ) to see if it was worth shopping around over there or just
    using travelex here!
    I will look into the Nationwide account if it's as good as you say because
    I too go abroad 3-4 times a year
    Thanks

Banned

simon012;2668941

I will look into the Nationwide account if it's as good as you say … I will look into the Nationwide account if it's as good as you say becauseI too go abroad 3-4 times a yearThanks

Check here for better info :-

moneysavingexpert.com/tra…ney

well tbh, banks will make up money one way or the other... we did the nationwide thing and opened an account with them when we were looking to go for a shopping trip to the US.. did that, and guess what everyday for 7 days we had to call them to keep unblocking the cards as everytime we'd use it, the card would get blocked for fraud prevention. This was despite calling up beforehand and telling them that the card was going to be used in the US from such and such date till xyz date.. Plus when we compared the statements with my natwest credit and debit cards, I found that I had got better rates on ATM withdrawls with my Natwest Debit card and better rates (if only be a few £'s) on purchases!!! I havent bothered since... closed Nationwide accoutn as well!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need an iPhone 7 Plus unlocked. Any websites that you can recommend?22
      2. Fifa 1837
      3. Laptop advice needed please - cheap, fast (to boot), no thrills33
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?69

See more discussions