Groups

Anyone recomend a software HD media player ?

I've been using Gom Player, which is fine plays 720p and up great.

I've just got a new laptop that plays HD out, got a Cyberlink remote to use with it and found that Gom doesn't support any kind of remote !!

So I can either get a wireless mouse or find a media player that'll play HD and work with a the remote ?
    Any recommendations. . .

5 Comments

are you talking about something to play blurays on your laptop or just HD Avi's?

if its the latter, I'd be interested to know too. I keep downloading 'mkv' files which are always out of sync in VLC and I'd really like to be able to play some HD stuff off my laptop through the TV!

Original Poster

Gom players, plays HD with no sync issues. If it worked with a remote I wouldn't ever change, I've been using it for years... Give it a go and see.

Not BR, just downloaded eps in 720p or higher...

I'd just found VLC but by the sound of it thats not going to be any good. . .

this is basically a gui and relies on mp to play content so requires correct codec instalation, but does fine with many remotes

]http//ww…om/

steve1221;4417718

Gom players, plays HD with no sync issues. If it worked with a remote I … Gom players, plays HD with no sync issues. If it worked with a remote I would ever change, I've been using it for years... Give it a go and see.Not BR, just downloaded eps in 720p or higher...I'd just found VLC but by the sound of it thats not going to be any good. . .

Just been reading through this: afterdawn.com/gui…cfm

According to that MPC will play mkv files with a bit of tinkering. read the 'troubleshooting' at the bottom, might be worth getting the 'MatroskaDiag' they're talking about.

another interesting post here on the subject: avforums.com/for…tml
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2121
      2. Tv choice magazine Issue 3977
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1414
      4. Win a Free minion usb stick22

See more discussions