Groups
    EXPIRED

Anyone recommend a decent Joint Bank Account?

Can anyone recommend a decent Joint Bank Account with easy access ie 2 x cash cards and where you dont have to pay a minimum amount in every month?

Went into the Halifax and they only do 2 accounts now. One you have to pay a minimum of £1000 in each month and the other one costs £12.50 a month for things we'd never use!

Then tried the Nationwide and the interest rate was only 0.2%!

Looked online for details and cant seem to get any decent info, so if anyone could recommend any decent accounts it would be appreciated.

Thanks

14 Comments

keep to your own acc, so much easier and no charge

That is about the norm for interest rates at the minute.

I use First Direct which is excellent but you need to pay in at least £1500 a month i think.

Also have bog standard Lloyds TSB current account (which is the joint one) which is no charges or conditions etc

erm........surely your wages for a couple are over £1000??? a month if not you have my sympathy!!!!!

Original Poster

wickedteen;4908834

keep to your own acc, so much easier and no charge

Yeag i agree but need an account where the missus can get money when needed now as well :roll:

lloyds tsb 1 very good joint account, get two cash cards + 2 cheque books

edit - no minimum amount required needed neither

Original Poster

Floravada;4908844

erm........surely your wages for a couple are over £1000??? a month if … erm........surely your wages for a couple are over £1000??? a month if not you have my sympathy!!!!!

We've both got our own current accounts which our wages are paid into but just want a joint account where we've both got access.

We have a natwest joint account, 2 cards, 2 cheque books. No minimum amount needed each month plus instant access isnt going to get you a decent interest rate Im afraid.

How about an internet account.

We have a joint account for house and bills and seperate accounts also with Smile.co.uk and they are excellent, have been with them for years now.

why not just get a service account that both puts certain amount money in each month of you r both salaries

singer

Surely it would be easyier to just have the one joint account for the wages .....unless of course their is not enough trust in the first place.....in which case don't even get a joint in the first place as you are both speratly responsible for debt on it even if you split.

reddiamonds;4908889

How about an internet account.We have a joint account for house and bills … How about an internet account.We have a joint account for house and bills and seperate accounts also with Smile.co.uk and they are excellent, have been with them for years now.

Ditto

I'm looking to set up a joint account in the very near future as well.

Interest rates don't matter, as the money will simply be going in there to pay for the rent and other bills. 2 cards are essential, and a cheque book doesn't matter as I've never even written one out before!

Think I'll have a look at Lloyds as a couple of people have mentioned them already, and it's free.

royal bank of scotland royalties gold is good i think

singer

Original Poster

Thanks for all the advice. Think i'll also look into the Lloyds account as well :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…22
      2. Win a Swarovski styling mirror from Hadleigh.11
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1145
      4. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64556

See more discussions