Groups

Anyone recommend a good gps device for geocaching?

As above really.Was using my sat nav until recently but wasn't up to much under tree cover so bought the Garmin Etex H but its too time consuming for my liking inputting co-ords.Anyone know of a more user friendly one?Budget of around £150.Thanks.

3 Comments

i use a garmin,an old model not sure on the full make, kids have it somewhere, but its ideal for geocaching.

what sites do you use ? i use ]geocaching.com

Original Poster

richp;7744507

i use a garmin,an old model not sure on the full make, kids have it … i use a garmin,an old model not sure on the full make, kids have it somewhere, but its ideal for geocaching.what sites do you use ? i use ]geocaching.com

I use that one too

It's much easier if you get one with a compass built in.

I use a Garmin eTrex Summit,from a few years back which doesn't have any maps buil;t in, just points in the right direction and is very accurate.

But recently I've been using the Geocaching App with my iPhone 3G which is very good.

I'd imagine it would be even better with the compass in the 3GS.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…26112
      2. Samsung Note 845
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4332024
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate1216

See more discussions