Anyone recommend a good media player?

Found 5th Nov 2009
I am looking to get a simple (if there is such a thing!) media player for a relative of mine.With or without hard drive.Don't need HD will just be using it for Divx and avi.I was looking at getting the WDTV HD media player but don't want to pay extra for features that will not be used.Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative?Thanks Rep given for help.

5 Comments

Original Xbox with XBMC installed on it. So far the best media player to date ;-)

you would be best off getting one of the DVD players that supports USB interface.
they can be had for 20-30 quid and will do what you want them to.

Squelds;6796043

Original Xbox with XBMC installed on it. So far the best media player to … Original Xbox with XBMC installed on it. So far the best media player to date ;-)

I'm a bit dull but is XBMC a xbox media centre. If so how do i get it and what file types does it play. Or where can I read up on it.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Jetpac;6796076

you would be best off getting one of the DVD players that supports USB … you would be best off getting one of the DVD players that supports USB interface.they can be had for 20-30 quid and will do what you want them to.

TBH thats what i got my parents. I burn up a DL disk with the titles they want and i can get about 8 films on one disk. Theres has the usb slot but its far easier for me to do it disk based instead of keep getting a usb stick off them every time they want to watch some films.

In regards to the XBMC yes it is the OLD xbox with xboxmediacentre installed on it. I will ALWAYS recommend this unit as its served me well now for many years. Plays literally everything i chuck at it, unlike the 360 or PS3, has great streaming support from PC (smb share is just amazingly simple), ok so it doesnt handle HD but i would never ever get rid of mine now... and they can be picked up for as little as £25 in some places. Speak to anyone who has got one to see how much they are recommended.

See :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54415416
    2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70561
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868
    4. word association Game74244894

See more discussions